Gaffney = Good | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gaffney = Good

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I've been pro Cole as our PG. Gaffney had a great game and if he can maintain that, he deserves to start. But it is 1 game. I hope he maintains because he has more athleticism and would help us.
But fans should look before they jump.

Reaction Score
BOOM. You took the thoughts out of my head exactly. I was sitting here wondering if Whaley should be a lock to start anymore, and bringing him off the bench with this shortened rotation makes a lot of sense.
i advocated for this starting lineup last May. now we need to shorten the rotation and flip sanogo/whaley with sanogo starting and playing as much as he can pending foul trouble. whaley will still get 20+ mpg
ultimately, i think the rotation that wins the BE tournament and makes a sweet 16 run is:
cole (25)----gaffney (20)
bouk (30)---adams (10)
jackson (20)-polley(15)
martin (25)-akok (10)
whaley (25)-sanogo (20)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Totally impressed with Gaffney, so much improvement, so happy for the him and his development. Adams needs to hit the bench and Gaff needs adams min.

What is bothersome is many on this board have been stating this, why is it taking DH so much time to do this
He has other things to do. ?

Reaction Score
Gafney, Jackson, Bouknight, Whaley Songo.
All can play both ends and would be great on the press with Jackson on the point.
Let's see this dynamite vs PC.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Gafney, Jackson, Bouknight, Whaley Songo.
All can play both ends and would be great on the press with Jackson on the point.
Let's see this dynamite vs PC.
as far as a press gang, ur absolutely spot on with the dynamite label. mebbe u should trademark 'DTNT.' sweeeeet. it's coming. i adore it when the opposition ballhandlers have that look of terror in their eyes. 'who do i, how do i, pass it to, cuz im about to get pickpocketed....help! please! someone, anyone! make it stop!'

Reaction Score
I've been pro Cole as our PG. Gaffney had a great game and if he can maintain that, he deserves to start. But it is 1 game. I hope he maintains because he has more athleticism and would help us.
But fans should look before they jump.
Cole's not a PG. He can play it because he has good handle, but he is best on the wing getting a threat off the ball or running a side PnR. I don't like him at the top of the timeline dribbling the ball 35 feet away. He can't score from there. He needs the ball where he has 3 options.

1. Shoot
2. Drive
3. Pass

Not set up the offense and control tempo.

Reaction Score
Gaff showed some good chemistry with Bouk at the end of last year and seems to be coming around this season. I like him with Bouk as he looks to pass. I would rather play Cole with Jax as Cole is a shooter, but isn't that quick nor tall. Jax is both of those and can get to the rim. Maybe with Cole and Polley we could spread the floor a bit more as Jax seems to be a good passer too.

Reaction Score
No matter if he starts or not he is at least a serviceable backup pg. I’ve been rooting for shorter shifts because our guys seem to lose their explosiveness and quick 1st step after like 6 minutes. I’m always super confused when the boneheads in game chat are losing their marbles when Sanogo sits after playing for 8 minutes. Playing 8 minutes of high major basketball is incredibly challenging and you can’t compete at the same level throughout that period. Happens to Cole too, he’s always working his arse off on both ends and that gets tiring, so playing Cole for 5 or 6, and getting his legs fresh again would be best for the team. A deeper bench makes guys work harder for their time, and make the most of their time on the court so they can get back out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom