Gaffney #6thManGaff | The Boneyard

Gaffney #6thManGaff

Reaction Score
I know we’ve spoke on him today. But the kid needs his own thread. He looks GOOD. Let’s not forget the natural talent this guy has. If he plays with any hint of the confidence and aggressiveness we’ve seen his last 3 collegiate games dating back to Maryland, watch out. He could very well be the 3rd guy on this team. Gaffney and Martin being consistent 15-20 point threats nightly would be big for this team and not allow opposing defenses to pack the paint against Sanogo. I see a breakout year for Gaff. He’s my sleeper for BE 6th man of the year. Go Gaff!!!

Reaction Score
I know we’ve spoke on him today. But the kid needs his own thread. He looks GOOD. Let’s not forget the natural talent this guy has. If he plays with any hint of the confidence and aggressiveness we’ve seen his last 3 collegiate games dating back to Maryland, watch out. He could very well be the 3rd guy on this team. Gaffney and Martin being consistent 15-20 point threats nightly would be big for this team and not allow opposing defenses to pack the paint against Sanogo. I see a breakout year for Gaff. He’s my sleeper for BE 6th man of the year. Go Gaff!!!
And I’m just seeing he had 8 assist! #6thManGaff

Reaction Score
Was pumping Gaff up all offseason. That UMd game made me a believer. He was the only guy who kept attacking, getting to the rim, and not letting up. I was hoping his shot would get better, and it looks like it has. X-factor!! #6thManGaff

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gaff will be the Man next year, and finish what this team is starting this season. Senior PGs on UConn team always bring excellent results, particularly the post season. He'll know Hurley's system like Taliek knew JC's, meaning a coach on the floor!

Until then lets hope his confidence keeps rising and never comes down.

Reaction Score
Gaffney has all the ability in the world. It’s always been a confidence issue. He just needs to realize that he’s an elite talent and stop doubting himself. He appears to be working on it and figuring it out. He is the biggest wild card on this team. If he plays like the boss he is, we are a Final Four contender.

Reaction Score
Meh! Lets see if he doesnt pull his disappearing act come the big games. Im sorry but i cant get excited over a guy whos shown flashes his first two years and then disappears for long stretches especially against better competition. That being said i hope he has finally turned things around because the ability is undeniable. I hope youre right, i really do.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He had the second best looking shot on the team last year (besides Bouk). For him it was all about just finding his confidence. Looks like he’s got swagger now. Look out!

Reaction Score
Meh! Lets see if he doesnt pull his disappearing act come the big games. Im sorry but i cant get excited over a guy whos shown flashes his first two years and then disappears for long stretches especially against better competition. That being said i hope he has finally turned things around because the ability is undeniable. I hope youre right, i really do.

In the Maryland game he opened the can of whoop ass, and once you let it out there’s no putting it back. He will be huge this year.

Reaction Score
In the Maryland game he opened the can of whoop ass, and once you let it out there’s no putting it back. He will be huge this year.
He had a good game but i wouldnt call it a "can of whoop ass". I hope youre right but ill wait and see. If he keeps up what hes doing against all comers ill gladly eat crow.

Reaction Score
He had a good game but i wouldnt call it a "can of whoop ass". I hope youre right but ill wait and see. If he keeps up what hes doing against all comers ill gladly eat crow.
#6ManGaff Join Us

Reaction Score
I'm a fan. Have been since freshman year. But at this point he's expected to contribute significantly. He's a junior. Flirted with the starting lineup over his first two years. No excuses anymore. A good game from Gaff shouldn't be a pleasant surprise. It should be a regular occurrence.

I hope Gaff feels the same way.

Reaction Score

Maryland was one of 4-5 games he impacted last year his inconsistency was more the expectation. But so far, albeit versus lesser defensive teams, he’s shown to be improved and more confident. I think he already shot it better last year and what we see in 2 games makes you think he could run it to high 30s or better from Deep. He’s not a great defender but looks quicker early on. Much like the Akok/Whaley debate he seems to bring more to the table than AJ early on. I mean AJ did rebound it well yesterday but he just can’t shoot, won’t shoot and his defense was lax at best versus Coppin.

I’m not a huge fan of lots of minutes for Gaff and Cole together but for now, once again may be best in order to create space for Sanogo and gang. Hoping Hawkins is even more of the answer.

Reaction Score
Just finished watching Storms South highlights ( always a favorite muchas gracias) and Gaff is all over it. No doubt about his positive impact yesterday

Reaction Score
First, let's not draw any conclusions after CCSU and CSU.

What we do know about Gaff is that is much more athletic than he shows. His three point shooting has trended upwards since his freshman year. That he plays under control. He plays solid D.

He has, in previous years, committed some ball handling TOs that are completely unforced. That he tends to defer to this teammates. And he does disappear for stretches.

Playing him as the 6th man would to be a reasonable way to groom him as the successor at PG. And if Cole has to sit, we should be comfortable will Gaff moving into the starting line up.

Reaction Score
First, let's not draw any conclusions after CCSU and CSU.

He has, in previous years, committed some ball handling TOs that are completely unforced. That he tends to defer to this teammates. And he does disappear for stretches.

CCSU and CSU are just confirming what I believe started in the Maryland game. To your later point, I think that a lot of his disappearing was due to deferring to teammates - understandable and probably expected (by the upper classman) as a freshman, and slightly more puzzling (although Bouk was the designated alpha) as a Sophomore. The talent was always there. Even in his most invisible of games, it always seemed that once a game he would make a vicious move to the hoop that left you asking: Where have you been hiding that?

However - in the Maryland game it seemed almost as if he saw that everyone else was slightly overwhelmed, and he gave himself permission to just let it rip. Having had that success, and now being a Junior, I don't expect him to have that supporting role mentality any more.

He will be huge this year.

Reaction Score
Both Gaff and Sanogo looked confident and comfortable. They did not have that last year, especially early on. Of course Sanogo was a freshman last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom