Future of Army Series Due to AAC move in doubt | The Boneyard

Future of Army Series Due to AAC move in doubt

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This is really tough news for the Huskies’ Independent scheduling going forwards:

Huskies and Black Knights have 6 games scheduled from 2024-2033 with the first being our home opener next year in Week 2 on 9/7.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I Hope Benedict is trying to get us a tie in with some conference(s) for FB only if we’re going to stay Indy.
Maybe dangle some shiny hoop games from our teams in return. Otherwise from Labor Day to the end of November is going to be tough scheduling.

Drew

Reaction Score
Just perusing their future schedules this AM- I wouldn’t be surprised to see us add 2 games to our future home and home series with Wake Forest, with UConn traveling to Winston-Salem on 11/15 in 2025 and a return game in either 2026 or 2030+ from the Demon Deacons.

UConn is already open on that date in 2025 and will always take a future home game against an ACC team

Reaction Score
Elsewhere a little OT, but Uconn FB could have a couple of future options to replace Army out west for a short time...according to this recent story and how their FB scheduling/CR works out.

"Oregon State and Washington State have reportedly been involved in talks with the Mountain West Conference. Not to join the MW, but to create a one or two-year scheduling alliance ( as low as 7 games per year) with the Group of Five league while the Cougars and Beavers continue to operate the Pac-2 as a Power Five conference until 2026. "

Reaction Score
Just perusing their future schedules this AM- I wouldn’t be surprised to see us add 2 games to our future home and home series with Wake Forest, with UConn traveling to Winston-Salem on 11/15 in 2025 and a return game in either 2026 or 2030+ from the Demon Deacons.

UConn is already open on that date in 2025 and will always take a future home game against an ACC team
Wake Forest could be a home and home in 2024/2025: 11/16/24 at UConn, 11/15/25 at Wake Forest.

Drew

Reaction Score
Wake Forest could be a home and home in 2024/2025: 11/16/24 at UConn, 11/15/25 at Wake Forest.
We’re already playing @ Wake Forest on October 12 next year

Reaction Score
Elsewhere a little OT, but Uconn FB could have a couple of future options to replace Army out west for a short time...according to this recent story and how their FB scheduling/CR works out.

"Oregon State and Washington State have reportedly been involved in talks with the Mountain West Conference. Not to join the MW, but to create a one or two-year scheduling alliance ( as low as 7 games per year) with the Group of Five league while the Cougars and Beavers continue to operate the Pac-2 as a Power Five conference until 2026. "

I do hope we’re talking to the PAC2 schools.

Reaction Score
Short-term we could reach out to the teams that have Army on the schedule and reach out to them to put them on the schedule.

We should be able to fill out our schedule through 2030. The Big12 media rights will be coming up for renewal. The ACC will either be grabbing teams from the Big12 or we may have an opportunity to join the Big12.

Army was a good traditional opponent and easy drive for everyone in the state of Connecticut. When the games are played at Army the start at noon and most of us can be home by 5 PM. Not bad at all for an away game. The pageantry and tradition of the Army game at West Point is always fantastic and that will be missed if this series doesn't continue.

Army will keep Navy and Air Force as an out conference game, along with a FCS game. Does the AAC play 8 or 9 conference games a year? If the answer is 8, then we might be able to keep them on the schedule?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope the two schools can make it work. I love going to see games at West Point. My high school went their a couple times while I was in marching band. It's two of the best days oh my high school career period. Gives me a reason to go down there to watch a game.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I view this as good news. There is no upside for UConn playing Army now that they are in a conference. They still play boring football and get no respect on the field. We win -we should. We lose - we're awful. The only thing they gave us was a FBS opponent with schedule flexibility.

AD Dave, please replace Army with home and homes with P4 programs!

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t bet my bucks nor even too many Boneyarders dinero on more than even next season’s USMA game at the Rent. A quick scan of Army’s upcoming schedules points to some reasonable UConn possibilities over several future seasons.

For example, previously mentioned Wake A ‘25+ other years; UNLV A ‘25 H ‘28; Coastal Carolina A ‘26 H ‘27; BCU A ‘28; Buffalo? some year(s), etc.

Unlikely Army buys out their Away KState and Mizzou money games. Highly likely the UMess AD’s calling the same prospective opponents as David Benedict.

Reaction Score
I think it'll come down to @Ball St. or @Uconn to keep next year. Air Force is at home, presuming they keep the FCS game, Dartmouth is home, Navy neutral site, leaving them one road out of conference game to keep, most likely in the early season.

Reaction Score
We should be, and I'm sure we are, calling Oregon St and Washington St early and often about H/Hs if they're trying out the PAC-2 thing for the next couple years

Reaction Score
If the AAC will accept Army as a football only member, couldn't we do the same?
It was tried and was rejected initially. Army as a service academy is a better brand for the AAC/ESPN on a football only deal

Reaction Score
I Hope Benedict is trying to get us a tie in with some conference(s) for FB only if we’re going to stay Indy.
Maybe dangle some shiny hoop games from our teams in return. Otherwise from Labor Day to the end of November is going to be tough scheduling.
He tried to get us into the big 12.

Right now, entire athletic department is compromised having football as an Indy. It’s killing them.

Stunning how quick things turn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom