Fun year, but that was an embarrassing way to go out | The Boneyard

Fun year, but that was an embarrassing way to go out

Reaction Score
I have zero problem with them getting handled by a better team, but to not even be competitive with a team that mediocre was tough to watch. Honestly, I'm mystified. Maybe beating up on the DePauls of the world made them look better than they are, but that was never a game. Maybe I'm crazy and I don't know who's good and who's not but I never would have imagined they would have just rolled over like that.

Oh well. I'm fairly drunk. My wife is concerned. Good luck to Bouknight in the league. Your future is bright. The Huskies of Honor thread seems a little ridiculous, but there's something to be said for having a lottery pick.

I'm a little concerned about the fact that they lost to a team that they have no business losing to - Mark Turgeon would be the patsy in a game against Calhoun - but hopefully we're all growing here. I had a feeling since December that their last game of the year would be one in which they got zero from their complementary guys and that was it. When a team completely takes you out of what makes you a decent team it's pretty tough to win. Credit to Turgeon, as ridiculous as that sounds.

If any of the seniors elect to move on, thanks for staying solid when you didn't have to. If you come back, fantastic.

Just a kick in the ____ end to the season, going out with a whimper like that. I'm sure there will be posts about a lack of talent but I don't think that was the story tonight. This was a game they should have won. Period.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt say we rolled over. We had a chance to make it interesting until misadventures at the foul line returned. 5 misses and a lane violation. We played and shot poorly though. Give you that.

Reaction Score
I have zero problem with them getting handled by a better team, but to not even be competitive with a team that mediocre was tough to watch. Honestly, I'm mystified. Maybe beating up on the DePauls of the world made them look better than they are, but that was never a game. Maybe I'm crazy and I don't know who's good and who's not but I never would have imagined they would have just rolled over like that.

Oh well. I'm fairly drunk. My wife is concerned. Good luck to Bouknight in the league. Your future is bright. The Huskies of Honor thread seems a little ridiculous, but there's something to be said for having a lottery pick.

I'm a little concerned about the fact that they lost to a team that they have no business losing to - Mark Turgeon would be the patsy in a game against Calhoun - but hopefully we're all growing here. I had a feeling since December that their last game of the year would be one in which they got zero from their complementary guys and that was it. When a team completely takes you out of what makes you a decent team it's pretty tough to win. Credit to Turgeon, as ridiculous as that sounds.

If any of the seniors elect to move on, thanks for staying solid when you didn't have to. If you come back, fantastic.

Just a kick in the ____ end to the season, going out with a whimper like that. I'm sure there will be posts about a lack of talent but I don't think that was the story tonight. This was a game they should have won. Period.
Forget McLovin. Anybody that watched basketball this year knows Maryland is a decent team. Everyone needs to stop being so stupid. Ayala, Wiggins, Morsell, and Scott were all four stars. Morsell was BIG d player of the year. The Big Ten was a really good conference. I put a stack on Maryland because I'm not an idiot like most of you. Take the goggles off and stop whining.

Reaction Score

It sucked all around. Embarrassing.

Reaction Score

They play their C- game and they win by 6. That was horrible.

Reaction Score
Forget McLovin. Anybody that watched basketball this year knows Maryland is a decent team. Everyone needs to stop being so stupid. Ayala, Wiggins, Morsell, and Scott were all four stars. Morsell was BIG d player of the year. The Big Ten was a really good conference. I put a stack on Maryland because I'm not an idiot like most of you. Take the goggles off and stop whining.
Maryland was not that good, we didn’t make any shots, period.

Reaction Score
Bouk, Gaffney, Jackson, and Sanogo were all four starts. Whaley was BE d player of the year (BE kinda sucked this year, but just playing a poor devils advocate)

You're 100% right in saying Maryland is a "decent team". THis was a 7/10 game for a reason....

Reaction Score
Maryland beat Wisc, Minn w/ Robbins, Illinois, Purdue, MSU and Rutgers. We beat DePaul and lost to PC, SJU and SH.
Right. It's why I said moments after the loss this was more about the Big Ten being a far better conference than the Big East. Maryland was ready for them. Connecticut? I don't know who they were ready for.

Reaction Score
Bouk, Gaffney, Jackson, and Sanogo were all four starts. Whaley was BE d player of the year (BE kinda sucked this year, but just playing a poor devils advocate)

You're 100% right in saying Maryland is a "decent team". THis was a 7/10 game for a reason....
Haha, fair enough, you caught me. Polley was a 4 star too, but maybe that should've been for disappearing. Important to note that Maryland's 4 stars were more seasoned as juniors and seniors.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Jumped on here b/c you are a voice of reason here. Thank you.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It is what it is. We beat one good team all year.

I love Bouk, but he'd better hope there's not better talent than Eric Ayala in the league or else he's screwed, because tonight he wasn't even close to that kid's level.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Hard to explain, but it happens. You just can't hit anything. But I'm with you.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Glad we saved one of our worst performances for our biggest games. Regardless, I’m proud of this team and this staff. Remember where we were for the last 5 years - at home pouting. The future is brighter. Can’t wait for next year. Thank you team...thank you Danny.

Reaction Score
So many circus and contested shots by our guys. Didn't see that much from Maryland.

Terps had a plan and executed it to victory. Our plan flew out the window when we fell behind or more accurately when they were locking up Bouknight. We regained it when it was too late.

Ayala killed is and we had no defensive answer until Bouk was guarding him, but then that drained his energy.

Tournament inexperience didn't help our cause either.

I think many of us forgot that this was a rebuilding year and a springboard for our future. Shame on us for placing such high expectations on the team, we weren't going to win it all anyway this year.

Anyways no excuses though, Maryland was ready for us and they proved it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wouldnt say we rolled over. We had a chance to make it interesting until misadventures at the foul line returned. 5 misses and a lane violation. We played and shot poorly though. Give you that.

The moment was bigger than the coaches and players.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

First round exit is always a disappointment. Nice to take a positive step as a program, but we are down a lottery pick and a do all defensive big for next year. People need to get a lot better next year. If Sanogo and Jackson are going to spend 20 minutes on the bench every game, we won't be good.

Reaction Score
Maryland's defense was great but they werent defending us while shooting foul shots. We just couldnt shoot. There was no sense of urgency in the second half down double digits till literally with a few minutes left. We didnt run or push the ball at all, just sat dribbling the ball around the court. I dont really get it but this team desperately needed some leader out there and there just was no one. I dont know if its a chemistry issue or an over-reliance on bouknight but they needed a tough ass person on the court and i dont think we had it this season.

Reaction Score
We got outscored 15-3 in the last 8 minutes of the game. 3 points in an 8 minute period is crazy bad! We actually outscored Maryland for the remaining 32 minutes believe it or not. That one stretch killed us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom