Fuller: Four freshmen bringing the fire | The Boneyard

Fuller: Four freshmen bringing the fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Apologies if posted....

The request, while rather unusual, seemed simple enough to Sadie Edwards.

Boy, was she ever mistaken.

Edwards was asked to finish a full-court drill by making a layup without the ball touching the rim. So she went up and down the floor making layup after layup, but not one of them met the criteria. So she was back at it again and again and again. She wasn’t sure whether the time allotment NCAA regulations allow between players and coaches in individual workouts would run out before she finally pulled off the feat.

LINK

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn Sadie.

“You never practice that, you never think you are going to shoot a layup without hitting the rim,” Edwards said earlier this month while volunteering at UConn coach Geno Auriemma’s Fore The Kids golf tournament at the Hartford Golf Club. “You are working out, you make the layup and it is good enough, but (assistant coach Shea Ralph) made me keep going until I got it, and I didn’t think I was going to get it.

“They push you to new levels that you didn’t think you had in you, and you get to that level and there is another one and another one. You are so tired, and it is another level. You are doing a full-court passing drill, and at the end you have to catch and shoot it a certain way, and I never practiced that.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had seen some of the info, but not all of it.

If the rule on that drill is "no rim," the simple way is to use the backboard.

I like the competitiveness in the weight room. Sounds like a good start for the newbies.

Now there's a challenge: Guard Kaleena and don't let her score. She gets 10-12 points in a bad game. :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Following on the footsteps of MoJett, Sadie picks up the defense on Kaleena at the locker room door. :)

Remember that little bit in the NC game where Mo defended the ....ahem.... out of bounds play, so to speak? By denying the referee trying to give the ball to the ND player? :)

Could be Mo's secret weapon for defending Kalenna this fall in 5x5 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom