full Uconn postgame press conference | The Boneyard

full Uconn postgame press conference

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Nobody asked Dorka about the bandage on her hand, and how it might be affecting her game.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I guess that you could tell because she never mentioned it. It's very frustrating to watch a press conference, and not be able to hear the questions.
Or have them repeated by the coach and player(s).

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Well, Geno acknowledges that these injuries will give others the opportunity to develop and they would be a better team when Paige and company return. Well hello, isn't this what we have always complained about, just not us, but the whole WCBB world that he doesn't develop his bench? He talks about it like it's a new concept, so is that what it takes, injuries? I fully support Geno, so maybe, just maybe, he will see what an asset of players he has, and to just forget about them when things are going well does not help his team. Please learn from this Geno, you don't have a deep team if you still play the same number of players. This stretch proves we have players, just give them a chance. After all, he did not recruit them to sit on the bench.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I guess that you could tell because she never mentioned it. It's very frustrating to watch a press conference, and not be able to hear the questions.
You are correct. I agree that not hearing the questions is annoying.

Reaction Score
Not hearing the questions is annoying.
It's unacceptable--and bush league. As long as these postgame press conferences are meant to be seen and heard on various media platforms there should be mics available for questioners to announce their affiliation and ask their questions. It isn't that hard.

Reaction Score
The pressers aren't for us. They are for the press. We are not the press. We only get to see them because someone that attends happens to record it on their phone and post it on youtube instead of doing what everyone else there does which is lay their phone down on the table to record the audio. When that person doesn't attend we get nothing or we get little snippets here and there from local media.

Jim

Reaction Score
Well, Geno acknowledges that these injuries will give others the opportunity to develop and they would be a better team when Paige and company return. Well hello, isn't this what we have always complained about, just not us, but the whole WCBB world that he doesn't develop his bench? He talks about it like it's a new concept, so is that what it takes, injuries? I fully support Geno, so maybe, just maybe, he will see what an asset of players he has, and to just forget about them when things are going well does not help his team. Please learn from this Geno, you don't have a deep team if you still play the same number of players. This stretch proves we have players, just give them a chance. After all, he did not recruit them to sit on the bench.
Geno also said the offense doesn’t look the same when Paige is not on the floor, so you have to admit he’s right about that. And based upon what was said on the BY about not having starters on the floor in the closing minutes with a big lead, do you really think the team would have been better off had Geno cleared the bench up 14 with 1:12 to play? Sorry, you can’t have it both ways.

Reaction Score
We don't have a bench. We have an injured Aubrey who may or may not be medically cleared to play in games, and Piath and Mir who have played very little. That's our bench right now.

Reaction Score
It is not a ‘full’ post game press conference if you can’t hear the questioners.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Geno also said the offense doesn’t look the same when Paige is not on the floor, so you have to admit he’s right about that. And based upon what was said on the BY about not having starters on the floor in the closing minutes with a big lead, do you really think the team would have been better off had Geno cleared the bench up 14 with 1:12 to play? Sorry, you can’t have it both ways.
Come on Jim, I'm not talking about the last seconds of a game, they certainly are not going to learn anything at garbage time. I'm talking about his history, when the only time he sends the bench in is at garbage time. If the game is in the bag, give these players 6 minutes, even 10 minutes if we are that far ahead. They come to UConn to develop their game by the best coach in the country. If they are a top 25 recruit, sitting on the bench will not make them better, or their team. FYI, I wasn't one of the people who criticized Geno for leaving Paige in. I actually don't mind it so the bench players can learn something by playing with her, better than practice.

Reaction Score
All of these players get an opportunity every day to show what they can bring to this team! The idea that only in a game can they truly progress and get better is simply ludicrous. I too would like to see him play more of our players but I think it’s a lot more complicated than simply throwing them out on the floor.

Perhaps this player has a very bad, possibly career restraining habit that he is trying to eliminate from her game! Would it help that player to put them in the game and let her reinforce the very thing he is trying to change?

Comments like the one he made about whether Amari wants to be a person who plays basketball or “a basketball player” reinforces my belief that Geno is continually trying to make his players improve. His methods may rub some here the wrong way but, in all the time I have followed this team (and by extension) Geno,CD et al, I have never once thought there wasn’t a planned reason for his actions.

Reaction Score
Evina was real solid overall but even she shot well under 50%. Player movement is the key to this team scoring better. If they cut they have way more scoring opportunities. If we could get even one player back soon it would really help. We have enough depth in the paint. They should all be working hard. Constantly cutting and working to get rebounding position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom