FS1 coverage of Big East Womens Tournament | The Boneyard

FS1 coverage of Big East Womens Tournament

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I actually muted most of the second half of tonight's game because during the first 5 (live) minutes of the 3rd quarter, there was no mention of what was going on play wise. NONE!

Reaction Score
Fox has been given the goose the lays the Golden egg with women’s hoops and they’ve done a pathetic job.

It’s so strange, because their women’s soccer coverage is the absolute best.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It just seems that FS1 is completely unaware that the viewers are actually there to watch a women's basketball game. The idea that these viewers may actually be more interested in commentary or anything in depth about women's BB rather than men's BB seems beyond their comprehension. They'll take the viewership and the commercial money but otherwise they'll do their best to marginalize what's before the viewers eyes.

Reaction Score
It just seems that FS1 is completely unaware that the viewers are actually there to watch a women's basketball game. The idea that these viewers may actually be more interested in commentary or anything in depth about women's BB rather than men's BB seems beyond their comprehension. They'll take the viewership and the commercial money but otherwise they'll do their best to marginalize what's before the viewers eyes.
Absolutely, FS1 showed that they have a total lack of understanding of who their audience is and a lack of respect for the beauty of the women's game. This was the conference championship game featuring a very young team that has risen to be ranked number one in the country from the program that is universally accepted to be the best program in WCBB history on their first year back in the Big East. With a wealth of potential storylines that could have been explored, a decent analysis of the actual game in progress and reporting on other key WCBB games/happenings they lead with .......

Reaction Score
Did they announce the starting line-ups?
I missed the first couple of minutes.
If not, they should have in a big game like this!
JMO.

Reaction Score
FS1 doesn't need to show Paige sitting on the sideline for over 1 minute on at least a 1/3 of the screen while the game in being played. They have done it for two games in a row. No need for it. Just show the game and have the announcers call the game without the needless babbling they did so well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yea, the ignore button is back up so I can expunge this thread.

Reaction Score
With all that being said I was glad to see they showed the players celebrating the championship. This is a close knit team that's going to be hard to beat in the tournament.
Agree on all fronts but if this game was close and timeouts were needed, which would have stretched the game to the top of the hour, we would have seen none of that celebration.

Reaction Score
The camera angles were unwatchable at times, the halftime show was sexist ( seriously?, talking about the men's tourney) and the announcers never shut up. It was just one dull, relentless, irrelevant monotone. Other than that,......

Reaction Score
ESPN Way better than Fox, just saying.
Why can't they just call the game and add a few tidbits on the players? This long story of useless crap is beyond the realm of understanding to me and my UConn friends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom