Fryer ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Fryer ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Being down four 5 minutes in doesn't feel good.
  2. Neither does being without Clingan so early.
  3. 11 minute mark, down by 8? So far we're getting our asses handed to us on the boards, and our interior D looks like some second rate HS team.
  4. Alex makes his first positive play of the game and lands tough on his ankle. This could have serious repurcussions beyond this game.
  5. Team seems to have woken up on D, and 3 minutes later, it's a 1 point game.
  6. Karaban is back! And drops a three to put us back in the lead with 3 minutes left.
  7. To me the first half felt a lot like an old fashioned Big East rock fight. Up 29 to 28.
  8. Hopefully we get more than 4 minutes out of Clingan in the 2nd half.
  9. Damn. DC Fouls less than 20 secs into the half. And another a minute later. Which results in a T on Hurley.
  10. The refs have taken over the game. They're calling a foul every possession.
  11. Turned the rebounding margin around in the second half.
  12. Tough game to watch, and tough to listen to, as well. Donny and Brando won't shut up and let the game breathe.
  13. Thank God for Cam's FT shooting.
  14. The foul total got inflated with them intentional fouling at the end, but still... 48 fouls?
  15. Steph was the POG in my book.
  16. Xavier tied st johns and then flat out trashed them in OT. Johnnie's will be playing for their lives on Saturday. Rest up and find your best game before then, guys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  1. Being down four 5 minutes in doesn't feel good.
  2. Neither does being without Clingan so early.
  3. 11 minute mark, down by 8? So far we're getting our asses handed to us on the boards, and our interior D looks like some second rate HS team.
  4. Alex makes his first positive play of the game and lands tough on his ankle. This could have serious repurcussions beyond this game.
  5. Team seems to have woken up on D, and 3 minutes later, it's a 1 point game.
  6. Karaban is back! And drops a three to put us back in the lead with 3 minutes left.
  7. To me the first half felt a lot like an old fashioned Big East rock fight. Up 29 to 28.
  8. Hopefully we get more than 4 minutes out of Clingan in the 2nd half.
  9. Damn. DC Fouls less than 20 secs into the half. And another a minute later. Which results in a T on Hurley.
  10. The refs have taken over the game. They're calling a foul every possession.
  11. Turned the rebounding margin around in the second half.
  12. Tough game to watch, and tough to listen to, as well. Donny and Brando won't shut up and let the game breathe.
  13. Thank God for Cam's FT shooting.
  14. The foul total got inflated with them intentional fouling at the end, but still... 48 fouls?
  15. Steph was the POG in my book.
  16. Xavier tied st johns and then flat out trashed them in OT. Johnnie's will be playing for their lives on Saturday. Rest up and find your best game before then, guys.
I'm thinking (hoping) we were looking past PC for the game at MSG on Saturday...........

Reaction Score
They lost by a bunch at X but I sincerely hope that we do because we at number one have an X on our backs, and Pitino is going to have them up for their game of the year. Hope Karajan can go.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Tristen's ability to draw fouls saved our ashes at the end of the game. Anti-homer Donnie even noted "Newton knows how to sell it..."

Reaction Score
Really a gross game to watch all around... PC played excellent D and overplayed our high weave/hand-off set. I was surprised we didn't adjust quicker to that and put a wrinkle in to take advantage of their aggressiveness on ball.

We tend to get beat off the dribble far too much. When DC is in there it is mitigated but there is a trend of athletic guys taking us off the dribble.

Newton put up numbers and had some big moments, but his shot is getting flatter and flatter. It also feels like he over-penetrates far too often. Just pull up...

Castle shot the ball with more confidence and his D is outstanding.

We got absolutely nothing from the bench offensively although I do like that Stewart is confident enough to take shots.

A win is a win...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We tend to get beat off the dribble far too much. When DC is in there it is mitigated but there is a trend of athletic guys taking us off the dribble.
There must be something in the water. The women's team allowed ND's guard to score over 30 by setting high picks with the center and the guard blowing by everyone. It happened some vs Villanova last night as well.

Reaction Score
Our guards do get beat off the dribble frequently. Part of the problem is that our guards defend their man straight up rather than forcing them to go with their weak hand. I also wonder if it happens more often with DC in the game rather than SJ. SJ is really good with the high hedge which takes away some dribble penetration. With DC in drop coverage he does not drop quick enough which allows an open lane to the basket. I will review games to see if this is true. Wonder what Chief thinks.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Really a gross game to watch all around... PC played excellent D and overplayed our high weave/hand-off set. I was surprised we didn't adjust quicker to that and put a wrinkle in to take advantage of their aggressiveness on ball.
A big part of the problem was that our three pointers weren't falling, and they adjusted by playing an extra step back. If they had to fear the three, our cuts and drive attempts would have been fewer, prettier and more successful.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom