MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Selected 2-game stats:

Liya 20.5 ppg/9.5 rpg

Azzi 28.5 ppg

KK 13.5 ppg/6.5 rpg/6.0 apg

Aubs 12.5 ppg/6.0 rpg

Which of those are sustainable and which are not?

This is probably bad form, but I'm going to answer my own question:

I think Liya will be close, maybe 18-19 and 9.

As great a shooter as Azzi is and as much as I love her (remember she's a local kid for me), she won't average 28 ppg when Paige is back. But I can see the Fuddster getting close to 20 ppg.

KK's stats are ridiculously impressive. If she averages 8/4/4, I'm very happy. She looks like a recruiting coup!

Aubrey's 12.5 and 6.0 is exactly what she will average for the season. Or very close, I think.

Reaction Score
Of the times the video feed was decent was just hoping the person shooting this game could have moved the cam just a bit to right to also show the Guests score.

Reaction Score
Caitlin will get Nika "in her face" and then get an uber-energetic KK doing the same. That duo is sure to wear most players out.
No defender on any team can shut down Caitlin Clark alone. Last year she was head and shoulders above any other player in the country and every team they played knew all they had to do was shut her down. The good news I don't think Iowa outside of CC can score enough to stay with UCONN so it shouldn't matter.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the starting five of Liyah, Nika, Ice, Azzi and Paige, after about five minutes of them playing in your face defense. Then Geno subs them out for KK, Ines, CD, Aubrey and Ayanna for another 5 minutes of heck. Can't wait for the regular season to start.
The big Three for UCONN will not be subbing out at 5 minutes of any game.

Reaction Score
Watching today's game was like going to the Gustav Klimt museum
Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 4.35.05 PM.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No defender on any team can shut down Caitlin Clark alone. Last year she was head and shoulders above any other player in the country and every team they played knew all they had to do was shut her down. The good news I don't think Iowa outside of CC can score enough to stay with UCONN so it shouldn't matter.

Did you see the UConn v. Iowa game and read Caitlyn's comments?

Reaction Score
They are looking good and they are looking deep at all positions. Realizing the level of competition is so low that might be a little misleading and once the real season starts there might be a different reality for the younger players.

As much as Geno is playing his young players right now I think that will change once the season starts and he will go back to his 7-8 girl rotation unless circumstances force him to do otherwise. I do expect UCONN to win the NC this year but that will fall directly on the shoulders of Paige, Azzi and Aaliyah.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Does anybody have the final score of the game? Is there a box score anywhere?

Reaction Score
LJUBLJANA, Slovenia – The UConn women's basketball team took in the second country of the 2023 Foreign Tour over the last two days.

UConn first arrived in Bled, Slovenia, on Thursday. After taking in the lake views and enjoying lunch with Slovenian cuisine, part of the group went on Europe's longest zipline, with over 4 kilometers of zipline going across a protected sanctuary. Over seven lines, the Huskies took in views of the Julian Alps and the Sava Dolinka River.

Game two came on Friday evening with the Huskies taking on Akson Ilirija. Senior Aaliyah Edwards paced the Huskies with 24 points and nine rebounds as UConn won, 98-68. Junior Azzi Fudd continued her hot scoring as she notched 19 vs. Ilirija.

UConn's freshmen have showed few growing pains on the court in Europe. KK Arnold was impressive Friday, notching 17 points, six rebounds and six assists.

Reaction Score
Is there a box score yet?
There is an "Unofficial Stats" link at the beginning of the article referenced above (at uconnhuskies.com).

It's sort of hard to read; it looks like someone took a picture of a stat sheet that had been rolled up at one point. But for now it's better than nothing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There is an "Unofficial Stats" link at the beginning of the article referenced above (at uconnhuskies.com).

It's sort of hard to read; it looks like someone took a picture of a stat sheet that had been rolled up at one point. But for now it's better than nothing.
F405B091-DA83-474C-A254-6CCE2A048E8C.jpeg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubrey with 14/6/3/2/2 on 4-4 shooting. Typical game for her. :)

She was +23 for the game, tied with Azzi for 2nd best and behind only KK's +26.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Evidently you did not watch the UConn - Iowa game. Clark went 9-24 and 2-11 from 3, begged the team to help get that #10 off of her during a timeout.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is probably bad form, but I'm going to answer my own question:

I think Liya will be close, maybe 18-19 and 9.

As great a shooter as Azzi is and as much as I love her (remember she's a local kid for me), she won't average 28 ppg when Paige is back. But I can see the Fuddster getting close to 20 ppg.

KK's stats are ridiculously impressive. If she averages 8/4/4, I'm very happy. She looks like a recruiting coup!

Aubrey's 12.5 and 6.0 is exactly what she will average for the season. Or very close, I think.
This sounds about right. :cool:

Reaction Score
I'm interested to see how the UConn+ channel edits this game. Between the constant freezing, sound drop-outs and half hour late start, I'm not sure tomorrow's replay will be much better. Unless, somehow, they can upload an entirely different file of this game taken from a different camera.

A lot of the video trouble was due to uploading a live event. The jiggling camera will still be there but the game should be OK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom