Friday lineup (11/29) | The Boneyard

Friday lineup (11/29)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For people without FloHoops, a few options:
  • the Oregon State–Miami game on ACC Network Extra.
  • the Daytona Beach Invitational on free subscription-based live stream (see link below).
  • the South Point Thanksgiving Shootout on free live stream (link below).

Cancún Challenge (FloHoops):
South Dakota State vs. Notre Dame (11a)
Florida Gulf Coast vs. #21 South Florida (1:30p)
New Mexico vs. #23 West Virginia (4p)
Missouri vs. North Carolina (6:30p)
Temple vs. Creighton (9p)

Daytona Beach Invitational (live stream requires subscription):
Butler vs. Georgia (11a)
Belmont vs. Virginia Tech (1:15p)
Pittsburgh vs. Ohio (3:30p)
Clemson vs. #9 Maryland (5:45p)

Gulf Coast Showcase (FloHoops):
Middle Tennessee vs. Auburn (11a)
Dayton vs. #22 Gonzaga (1:30p)
Maine vs. Arizona State (5p)
Purdue vs. Drake (7:30p)

Miami Thanksgiving Classic
#7 Oregon State at #19 Miami (2p, ACCNX)

Paradise Jam (FloHoops):
Oklahoma State vs. #8 Louisville (1p)
UT Arlington vs. #1 Oregon (3:15p)
#17 Indiana vs. #2 Baylor (5:45p)
Washington State vs. #5 South Carolina (8p)

Victoria Invitational (FloHoops):
Bowling Green vs. San Francisco (2p)
Houston vs. Cal Baptist (4:30p)
Green Bay vs. #10 Mississippi State (8p)
#18 Syracuse vs. #3 Stanford (10:30p)

Junkanoo Jam (FloHoops):
Memphis vs. Kansas State (3p)
LSU vs. #15 Michigan State (5:15p)
Seton Hall vs. Vanderbilt (5:15p)

South Point Thanksgiving Shootout (free live stream)
Ohio State vs. South Dakota (6:30p)
USC vs. Nebraska (8:45p)
Northern Iowa vs. Alabama (11p)

Heineken Rainbow Wahine Showdown
Texas vs. #12 NC State (7:30p, no stream available)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see it listed as showing on ACC Network Extra?

comeonman.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some interesting under the radar matchups. MTSU vs Auburn. Ohio State vs South Dakota. Purdue vs Drake. Belmont vs VPI

Plebe

Reaction Score
Some interesting under the radar matchups. MTSU vs Auburn. Ohio State vs South Dakota. Purdue vs Drake. Belmont vs VPI
MTSU and Auburn = two teams that have fallen way short of expectations so far.
Ohio State-South Dakota is intriguing. I'm betting on USD in that game.
I have Drake over Purdue easily.
Belmont-VaTech I'm not really sure. I don't have a good feel for VT yet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Too much going on tomorrow.... The Duke, Miami, and VPI games all start around the same time. PLUS you got the VPI-UVA football game to decide the Coastal that starts at Noon Head bang

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
#18 Syracuse vs. #3 Stanford (10:30p)

Getting a wee bit ahead of yourself there. The 'Furd has been trailing most of the game, now has a slight lead approaching halftime.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Getting a wee bit ahead of yourself there. The 'Furd has been trailing most of the game, now has a slight lead approaching halftime.
Would you like to place a friendly wager on it? :)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Would you like to place a friendly wager on it? :)

:rolleyes: Ha. No. I fully expect Stanford to win, but it isn't written in stone yet.

Reaction Score
I'm not exactly sure how good Michigan State is but hopefully we win.

Reaction Score
I'm glad Oregon State is not ranked by Plebe, so a win over Miami will be an upset. More motivation.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm glad Oregon State is not ranked by Plebe, so a win over Miami will be an upset. More motivation.
Huh? I have them #5 in my ranking. You must be confusing me with someone else.

Reaction Score
Huh? I have them #5 in my ranking. You must be confusing me with someone else.
I was jokingly referring to your original post in this thread where Oregon State has no ranking.

Reaction Score
Dana Evans and Liz Dixon both had shots that hit under the backboard yesterday. With Liz Dixon they’re having her do the Miken drill everyday.. I say increase it to twice a day 2 hours each. She has a few games where you wonder where she was aiming

Reaction Score
Dana Evans and Liz Dixon both had shots that hit under the backboard yesterday. With Liz Dixon they’re having her do the Miken drill everyday.. I say increase it to twice a day 2 hours each. She has a few games where you wonder where she was aiming
To be fair, Liz Dixon's wasn't a legit shot, because the replay showed that it slipped out of her hand, but I've seen her struggle in a few games with layups - which is surprising because IIRC she was pretty efficient at GA Tech, and a major focus for defenses.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Surprised by this score: MTSU is up 45-26 over Auburn in mid-3Q. Not because I think Auburn is good, but because MTSU has hardly been impressive so far.

Taylor Sutton has 16 and Anastasia Hayes has 12 for MTSU, and the Blue Raiders have 11 steals so far.

Reaction Score
Surprised by this score: MTSU is up 45-26 over Auburn in mid-3Q. Not because I think Auburn is good, but because MTSU has hardly been impressive so far.

Taylor Sutton has 16 and Anastasia Hayes has 12 for MTSU, and the Blue Raiders have 11 steals so far.
They play a similar style and MTSU has the better players. I'm surprised Unique Thompson isn't dominating. They're also without Benton I think, she hasn't played yet all year. Do you have any idea when Boothe will make her debut?

MTSU was good last year, but they're without two of the three players who were supposed to make them a top-25 team, so I'm not surprised they've underwhelmed.

Reaction Score
Auburn has looked awful this year. I was expecting more than what I am seeing. There are some decent players on that team.

One noticeable thing early is turnovers has plagued them.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As you listed it and I have had a passing interest (like on the highway when the other side has a huge traffic jam due to an accident) what is up with Rellah Booth? She was on the roster but has not played for MTSU? Hayes has been lighting it up.
Princeton 8-8 is what I see...sorry :(
There are some really great matchups though and I think some surprises awaiting us...my main interest is N.C. State, Syracuse, Oregon State, NC Tarheels (without Hatchell I just don’t feel that sense of irritation and want to support the new coach out of some misguided logic that if she does well there, then Carla will do well at Princeton and would be a real candidate for the UConn job when that time comes, I know, I have issues...just talk to my wife).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They play a similar style and MTSU has the better players. I'm surprised Unique Thompson isn't dominating. They're also without Benton I think, she hasn't played yet all year. Do you have any idea when Boothe will make her debut?

MTSU was good last year, but they're without two of the three players who were supposed to make them a top-25 team, so I'm not surprised they've underwhelmed.

Any info on Rashkia White... the Elon transfer who was supposed to play a big role this year. Has she been injured?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom