OT: - Freihofer chocolate chip cookies | The Boneyard

OT: Freihofer chocolate chip cookies

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Freihofers is a Northeastern brand. My husband, who grew up in Albany NY, remembers them as the most awesome cookies ever but we can’t find them or, apparently, order them for delivery here in Florida. Are they still in the stores up in the Northeast? Can I pay someone to send me a box?

Reaction Score
Freihofers is a Northeastern brand. My husband, who grew up in Albany NY, remembers them as the most awesome cookies ever but we can’t find them or, apparently, order them for delivery here in Florida. Are they still in the stores up in the Northeast? Can I pay someone to send me a box?
Freihofers Bakery according to its facebook page is headquartered in Pennsylvania. It is owned by Bimbo Bakeries USA which in turn is a part of Grupo Bimbo, a Mexican company.

You can try their email: crelations@grupobimbo.com

Reaction Score
If you get your hands on a box, make sure you have some ice cream on hand. They made great ice cream Sandwiches (in the 1980’s)

Reaction Score
I'll look-- and if I find some, I'll send them along.

sun

Reaction Score
Posted on their FB page 12/20/2022

Freihofer’s Cookies are the favorite from NY to the North Pole.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember Freihofers cookies and donuts fondly growing up in Lake George area. Our neighbor growing up delivered Freihofers goods and we always had plenty around. My oldest sister was on the Freddy Freihofer show in Albany many moons ago

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There are several Friehofer’s Bakery outlets around the Albany, NY region. In addition, Stewart’s, a regional convenience store/gas station carries Friehofer’s cookies, along with the best ice cream in the world, the combination of which is otherworldly…

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Tell you what, @HuskyNan, hub and I are traveling north to CT for two months to see F&F, and I'd be happy to bring a "few" boxes back in August, we'd just need to find a halfway point to meet in FL. Heck, until last year, I used to bring Duke's mayo north with me for a friend originally from NC.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll look next time I'm at the grocery store.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Stewart's is THE convenience store to go to in the Adirpondacks...great hours/out of town
newspapers...and yes...the ice cream is fabulous!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Personally, I don't see or taste much difference between Friehofers cookies, and Entenmanns. But that's just me.

1684760625676.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tell you what, @HuskyNan, hub and I are traveling north to CT for two months to see F&F, and I'd be happy to bring a "few" boxes back in August, we'd just need to find a halfway point to meet in FL. Heck, until last year, I used to bring Duke's mayo north with me for a friend originally from NC.
Appreciate it but I was kind of hoping for a Father’s Day gift, even an early one.

You can bring back some decent pizza and Chinese food though. The goopy sauces they put on the Chinese food is yuck.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Appreciate it but I was kind of hoping for a Father’s Day gift, even an early one.

You can bring back some decent pizza and Chinese food though. The goopy sauces they put on the Chinese food is yuck.
So I'm not the only one with these issues. I feel your pain. We rarely get Chinese food anymore, it's more of an oh crud, what's for dinner. Pizza? We only found one place within 30 mins and decided it's more fun to make our own, so I make the dough, daughter forms them, grandkids do the toppings, and son in law mans the pizza oven.

Reaction Score
There are several Friehofer’s Bakery outlets around the Albany, NY region. In addition, Stewart’s, a regional convenience store/gas station carries Friehofer’s cookies, along with the best ice cream in the world, the combination of which is otherworldly…
Best ice cream in the world? I think fans of either UConn’s dairy bar or A.C. Petersen Farms in West Hartford might challenge that assertion.

I don’t doubt that Stewart’s has great ice cream, though, and I know that Stewart’s root beer is also very good.

Stew Leonard’s has very good chocolate chip cookies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Swerve:Growing up in the Berkshires of MA, I certainly had plenty of Friehofer cookies but personally my go-to ice creams were from Friendly's, back when they were a "local" family business.
Swerve back to OP.

Reaction Score
Don't remember Freihofer's cookies as a kid. Freihofer's bread is another story in southeastern PA.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...... there appears to be a Freihofer's outlet here in Rochester (for whomever above mentioned it tastes the same as Entemann's, I could have sworn this location used to be an Entemann's outlet....). I'm not sure if it's open. The website says that most of their outlets are currently closed and the Google page says it's always closed on Mon/Tues anyway, but I can try to swing by later this week and see if they are open/what they have. Not sure if outlet quality would be enough to be worth shipping down south but I'm happy to do it if it is. PM me, Nan, if that's something that would work for you.

Reaction Score
I also live in the Albany area, so if you don't get your hands on some, message me and I will hook you up!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is awesome. I appreciate you folks that are on the lookout for me.

My husband has an awful cold that turned into a sinus/ear infection. It would make him a happy guy to get Freihofer’s cookies.

Reaction Score
Swerving again... Dairy Barn, AC Petersen's... certainly, but don't forget Shady Glen in Manchester. Those three constitute our Holy Trinity of Connecticut Ice Cream goodness.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Grew up in Poughkeepsie, NY. Freihofer's cookies were the best.

Now living in Florida, not far from you, good pizza and Chinese food are very very rare. We had a decent Chinese restaurant across the street. So easy to get take out. Then they got shut down by the board of health. We do have a decent pizza place in Haines City we go to every once in a while.

But nothing down here like the numerous restaurants we had in the Newtown/ Danbury area.

Reaction Score
Add me to the list of people seekers for the cookies.

I live just outside of Albany and have a Freihoffers story to add.
Back in the 80’s my son went to RPI and worked the night shift at Freihoffers bakery. He learned two lessons. First that the Freihoffers fat free Angel food cake was more expensive than the regular Angel food cake. So as the same cake came out of the oven the only difference was half way through they stopped the line and put the cakes in a different fat free box.
The second thing he learned is how hard people work.
They offered him the same job the next summer but he found something else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom