We are shooting .846 as a team

These guys have taken 90% of our free throws

Miller .905 (38-42)
Adams .897 (26-29)
Gibbs .860 (37-43)
Hamilton .854 (35-41)
Brimah .842 (16-19)
Purvis .815 (22-27)

Most free throws missed in a single game during that time is 4.
Worst FT shooting for a game in that span is .727(8-11). For reference, .727% would be good enough for 65th of 351 D-1 teams.

this is not a mike patrick jinx attempt

Reaction Score
I can't believe Purvis has turned it around to that degree. In the beginning of the year KO literally had to take him out of the game at the end to prevent hack-a-Purv

Reaction Score
i do get annoyed when I hear analysis like " it came down to free throws, uconn won because it hit free throws." (Ron hunter was all in on Colorado)

That's beyond disingenuous , uconns defense was next level yesterday in the second half , and then they started really executing on O. How about you talk about defensive rotations (the best I saw other than Wichita) and shot blocking ... Or how Hamilton is on a tear boxscore wise.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
i do get annoyed when I hear analysis like " it came down to free throws, uconn won because it hit free throws." (Ron hunter was all in on Colorado)

That's beyond disingenuous , uconns defense was next level yesterday in the second half , and then they started really executing on O. How about you talk about defensive rotations (the best I saw other than Wichita) and shot blocking ... Or how Hamilton is on a tear boxscore wise.
Even aside all that, making free throws is, you know, part of the game

Reaction Score
I can't believe Purvis has turned it around to that degree. In the beginning of the year KO literally had to take him out of the game at the end to prevent hack-a-Purv
Also Dham from last year to this year is an incredible jump that hasn't really been mentioned much

Reaction Score
Ha I'm definitely not complaining . I love that Miller is lights out at the line. Brimah too. Can't foul anybody . I just cringe when I hear "that's the story right there folks" , uconn could have easily lost yesterday while going 85%+ from the line

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Ha I'm definitely not complaining . I love that Miller is lights out at the line. Brimah too. Can't foul anybody . I just cringe when I hear "that's the story right there folks" , uconn could have easily lost yesterday while going 85%+ from the line
Maybe the other teams should try to hit some of their own then. I agree, people whining just to whine here.

Reaction Score
Shooting free throws at the rate we have been doing is like having an Ace in the hole. We went to the line 23 times vs Colorado and made 22 of them. Just think of what could have been if we made it to the free throw line with that consistency the entire season. It was frustrating looking at the box scores after every game and seeing the other team shot 10 or more free throws than us on many occassions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom