Free Throw Disparity, 3's and the Transfers | The Boneyard

Free Throw Disparity, 3's and the Transfers

Reaction Score
Some box score notes. Providence outscored UConn by 19 points from the free throw line (29-10) , and 9 points from 3 point range (24-15). The collective disparity is far too much to overcome.

Equally concerning was the play of our 4 transfers who scored a total of 9 points and 5 rebounds in a combined 69 minutes. By contrast, Providence transfers Hopkins, Locke, Carter and Floyd Jr. scored a combined 58 points!

Props to Ed Cooley for doing a great job of using the transfer portal to completely transform his team. Hopkins is fantastic. In my opinion, he was the most impressive of any of the opposing players we have seen this season.

Reaction Score
Watched some of PC before this game - Hopkins is front runner for BE POY. He’s a future pro - hard to deal with a guy that size that can put it on the floor and create, shoot it and go get it when it comes off the rim. It’s an NBA skill set in an NBA body.

What struck me in watching him over multiple games was “Calipari couldn’t get this kid more run - wtf was he thinking”

Reaction Score
Watched some of PC before this game - Hopkins is front runner for BE POY. He’s a future pro - hard to deal with a guy that size that can put it on the floor and create, shoot it and go get it when it comes off the rim. It’s an NBA skill set in an NBA body.

What struck me in watching him over multiple games was “Calipari couldn’t get this kid more run - wtf was he thinking”
That’s how stockpiled Calipari, and teams like Duke are. They make mistakes on quality kids they recruited.

Reaction Score
Some box score notes. Providence outscored UConn by 19 points from the free throw line (29-10) , and 9 points from 3 point range (24-15). The collective disparity is far too much to overcome.

Equally concerning was the play of our 4 transfers who scored a total of 9 points and 5 rebounds in a combined 69 minutes. By contrast, Providence transfers Hopkins, Locke, Carter and Floyd Jr. scored a combined 58 points!

Props to Ed Cooley for doing a great job of using the transfer portal to completely transform his team. Hopkins is fantastic. In my opinion, he was the most impressive of any of the opposing players we have seen this season.
Melo 2.0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom