OT: - Former UConn Soccer Player Burglarizes Geno's Grill | The Boneyard

OT: Former UConn Soccer Player Burglarizes Geno's Grill

Reaction Score
A ex-UConn soccer player from Tolland was apparently wearing shorts depicting his team number during the burglary.

Don't know about you, but if one is to burglarize someone or place, you don't wear items that broadcast what school, sport and especially what number you wore playing soccer.

Also this guy walked in an unlocked front door was left open at 3:38 am?? :rolleyes:

He is accused of sneaking into an unlocked front door, taking liquor and fleeing the scene at 3:38 a.m.

State Police used his UConn soccer player biography, in part, to identify him after watching surveillance video, according to a warrant. The video and still photos from the surveillance system show him wearing shorts with No. 31 on them, his uniform number at UConn, according to a warrant.

Former UConn Soccer Player Charged With Burglarizing Geno Auriemma's Restaurant

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sounds like he had help - advertent or not. More like this mbr33ct until we can get a real hit of Husky basketball.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A ex-UConn soccer player from Tolland was apparently wearing shorts depicting his team number during the burglary.

Don't know about you, but if one is to burglarize someone or place, you don't wear items that broadcast what school, sport and especially what number you wore playing soccer.

Also this guy walked in an unlocked front door was left open at 3:38 am?? :rolleyes:

He is accused of sneaking into an unlocked front door, taking liquor and fleeing the scene at 3:38 a.m.

State Police used his UConn soccer player biography, in part, to identify him after watching surveillance video, according to a warrant. The video and still photos from the surveillance system show him wearing shorts with No. 31 on them, his uniform number at UConn, according to a warrant.

Former UConn Soccer Player Charged With Burglarizing Geno Auriemma's Restaurant

I believe there is a TV show called "America's Dumbest Burglars". This guy should be featured in their next episode. :confused:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As a UConn graduate, I'm appalled that a former UConn soccer player would sink so low as to commit robbery--of Geno's restaurant no less--and he would be so dumb in committing the crime. Sad! :(

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
In an earlier thread I noted that Marvin Barnes once attempted to rob a bus while wearing his Central High (Providence) state championship jacket with his name embroidered on it. Oh, and he was 6'8".

This might be less stupid, but only slightly so and same result in any event.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My favorite "dumb robber" story (and true) was a guy who handed his note to the bank teller written on the back of his phone bill!
My current favorite is the guy who drove to police station to get a copy of DWI paperwork, while intoxicated and picked up another citation, but only because it happened in my home town a week ago.

Runner up: Different DWI driver is picked up from the station by his equally inebriated girlfriend who admits to driving to the station and get cited herself. They uber'ed home. Same station, two weeks ago. The local police are on a roll.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
My favorite "dumb robber" story (and true) was a guy who handed his note to the bank teller written on the back of his phone bill!

A similar story was told of a dope who wrote the holdup note on his own deposit slip.

We had a local bank robbery attempt here where the idiot drove his car through the drive-up lane first, to get to the parking lot (?)... This of course, left behind a nice video of his license plate.

Reaction Score
The burglary at Geno's Grill, 9 Dog Lane.

Is this the real address: 9 Dog Lane ...??

Reaction Score
They later asked the guy where he had gotten the trophy and he said he had gotten it in a race.When asked how many people were in the race he said three,the policeman,Geno,and me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In an earlier thread I noted that Marvin Barnes once attempted to rob a bus while wearing his Central High (Providence) state championship jacket with his name embroidered on it. Oh, and he was 6'8".

This might be less stupid, but only slightly so and same result in any event.
Marvin was also known as "Bad News" and "Tire Iron."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom