Fordham Opening : Kimani would make a lot of sense. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fordham Opening : Kimani would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of you are crazy. He’s not getting a P6 job right off the bat. He’s never been a head coach at the D-1 level. He would definitely have to start lower and work his way to P6 job.
There are plenty of guys that have the head job at major or P6 programs that were never head coaches at a lower tier.

Reaction Score
Fordham is where careers go to die. Not a single head coach from Fordham in the past 40 years has gone to have a successful P6 career. He will get a P6 job, he's not taking over that black hole of a program

Reaction Score
Fordham is where careers go to die. Not a single head coach from Fordham in the past 40 years has gone to have a successful P6 career. He will get a P6 job, he's not taking over that black hole of a program
Lolol. Sheeeees

Reaction Score
P6 schools don't hire assistants from other schools with no head coaching experience. An A-10 level job would be perfect for Kimani. Hurley had to start even lower than that (URI in A-10 was his 2nd job).

That all being said, it's still a tough job, so it would definitely depend if he thought he could win there vs. waiting for another opportunity.

Reaction Score
not since Digger Phelps

Reaction Score

I don't see James Jones going anywhere, but I'd bet it's between Maciariello and Grasso. Both guys have helped make their respective teams exciting destinations for talent within the NEC and MAAC.

Interestingly, Grasso coached Fordham in the 09-10 season when he was just 29 years old.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don't see James Jones going anywhere, but I'd bet it's between Maciariello and Grasso. Both guys have helped make their respective teams exciting destinations for talent within the NEC and MAAC.

Interestingly, Grasso coached Fordham in the 09-10 season when he was just 29 years old.

Hoping Grasso doesn't go there. I think he's a great up-and-comer and can get a better job in a couple years.

Reaction Score
Maciariello sounds as if he never left Siena. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but Carmine Maciariello would have been perfecto.

Reaction Score
Add in the fact that he came to us because he wanted to be closer to home. I hate to say it but the job makes a lot of sense.
Fordham, where coaches go to have their careers die!

Reaction Score

Other names being thrown around are Shaheen Holloway who deserves a shot and Steve Lavin who maybe doesn't.

Reaction Score
Other names being thrown around are Shaheen Holloway who deserves a shot and Steve Lavin who maybe doesn't.
Lavin has a cushy job right now that might pay more than Fordham is going to pay. Can't see how he'd be interested.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Kimani would make a lot of sense.

Obvious ties to NYC and there are no expectations. Wouldn't be surprised to see his name get brought up.

Actually, Fordham has unrealistic expectations and the job kills everyone one who takes it.

It’s an absolutely awful job for anyone other than a has-been who wants a last paycheck.

Reaction Score
Great school--love the Jesuits.

Dismayed because of location, price tag, or both?
I like Fordham's location better than St. John's. Arthur Avenue and the subwsy to Manhattan are right there.

Reaction Score
Not exactly true, Penders had a fine career at Texas, but I think Fordham has a problem a bit like DePaul in that it is really over it’s head in the A10. They are running a program on a Patriot League level trying to compete in the A10. Put them in the MAAC or back in the Patriot and they’d be fine.

Reaction Score
Isn’t this like telling our girlfriend there is another great guy out there for her? Why are we doing this right now? Shouldn’t this be under players transfer speculation?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Isn’t this like telling our girlfriend there is another great guy out there for her? Why are we doing this right now? Shouldn’t this be under players transfer speculation?
Because we want him to succeed. It's like wishing Bouk the best when we tell him to go get drafted.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reese, Thorpe, Coolidge, Salami, Jackson, Hayward, Gomez and Goldstein played in a better & more modern facility.

Didn't forget a single one.

That's impressive, TyShoo. Respect.

1616136312743.png

Reaction Score
Fordham grad here. Great school but an absolute graveyard for basketball coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom