For Those Worrying About Caroline Read Rich Elliott | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For Those Worrying About Caroline Read Rich Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can you have fun and debate opinions at the same time? I think so.
one can certainly do that without being condescending, something which a few posters here seem to be incapable of. too bad. :rolleyes:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Popular - I wanna be PoP-Pu-Ler
I hate having the moniker "Used Member" (what the hell is that anyway), but I understand that you have to post a certain amount in order to move up..well, I don't post that much in the off season, and I am not going to post silly stuff just to get my numbers up......

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I hate having the moniker "Used Member" (what the hell is that anyway), but I understand that you have to post a certain amount in order to move up..well, I don't post that much in the off season, and I am not going to post silly stuff just to get my numbers up......

except that I think that I just did :oops:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Warning - Snarky post ahead -

As Icebear said, some opinions are meaningless. While a little harsh, he is absolutley right. Including some of my opinions. If I post something that is off the wall, I have no problem with someone pointing that out. Some people don't like to be questioned and expect their opinions to be just read and accepted.

Personally, this gloom and doom posting about Caroline annoys the heck out of me and I'll be happy to point out how wrong those people were. And equally sad if they end up right.

And I'm equally annoyed with your friggin' raised eyebrow dude that accompanies your sarcasm.

End Snark.

While sometimes annoying, this place would be dull without off the wall opinions on occasion. Nothing wrong with a little flavor now and then, even if it is a strange one.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i think it happens when enough people like your posts. i started you on your way! by the way, that song is great and hysterical. from a great musical. it's coming to san diego in the spring and i can't wait!!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Warning - Snarky post ahead -

And I'm equally annoyed with your friggin' raised eyebrow dude that accompanies your sarcasm.

End Snark.

LOL. cranky bastard.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wiki:
While at Wichita State, McDaniel was the first person to lead the nation in both rebounding and scoring in the same season. In college, McDaniel began to shave both his head and his eyebrows to look more intimidating. He continued this all throughout his pro career.

Holy crap, really? I always thought he had alopecia a la Charlie V.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Posters that point out how others are wrong, correcting their grammar mistakes or showing a condescending attitude towards a lack of in-depth basketball are the exact reason I'm given by lurkers why they're afraid - yes, they use the word afraid - to post here. I hope that those who are happy to point out how others are wrong have no problem intimidating folks that are less knowledgable than they are.

I would like to remind everyone that this is a board for fans to speak with other fans that share their passion - UConn women's basketball. If people want to express an opinion or ask a question, they are certainly allowed to do so without having to prove they're some kind of basketball experts. This board should be fun for fans, not intimidating.

I hope you point out to those posters that if others are acting out of line, those others will likely be pilloried.

'Fraidy cats. I kid...I kid.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
nothing worse than being "used", eh? lol...

yeah, like, what does that mean?

You know, I was sitting in the subway one day riding home from work, and there was this gal in a business suit chatting with a friend who used the work "like" so many times - I counted 39 repititions in a 20 minute stretch of time. Like, what's that all about?

Reaction Score
Since the subject is CD the younger, I'm just glad to hear some positive news about her. As a fellow Pennsylvanian, I've always felt a little "connected" just as was the case with Meg Gardler. I'm amused at the machinations that get us from CDs knee to MB testing. As a former practicing Psycho, and marrie to one, I can safely say the results of that testing venue CAN be suspect in the hands of the wrong evaluator--like statistics, can often be made to say whay you want them to say.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Reading all the back-and-forth stuff in this thread reminds me of something Winston Churchill once said (bearing in mind that "fan" derives from "fanatic").

Churchill: "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."

HA-RUMPH!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Since the subject is CD the younger, I'm just glad to hear some positive news about her. As a fellow Pennsylvanian, I've always felt a little "connected" just as was the case with Meg Gardler. I'm amused at the machinations that get us from CDs knee to MB testing. As a former practicing Psycho, and marrie to one, I can safely say the results of that testing venue CAN be suspect in the hands of the wrong evaluator--like statistics, can often be made to say whay you want them to say.

Absolutely. BTW, I have always found it interesting the number of us around here with degrees and work in counseling, psychology and related fields of the mind. Maybe an outcome of attraction to the mental ju jitsu master Geno Auriemma.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stop, the two of you. An Ignore feature is coming in the next software update. Try to avoid each other until then because I really don't want to lock any threads.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Stop, the two of you. An Ignore feature is coming in the next software update. Try to avoid each other until then because I really don't want to lock any threads.
I deleted all my posts in this thread.

No need to ignore. They're gone.

Reaction Score
Posters that point out how others are wrong, correcting their grammar mistakes or showing a condescending attitude towards a lack of in-depth basketball are the exact reason I'm given by lurkers why they're afraid - yes, they use the word afraid - to post here. I hope that those who are happy to point out how others are wrong have no problem intimidating folks that are less knowledgable than they are.

I would like to remind everyone that this is a board for fans to speak with other fans that share their passion - UConn women's basketball. If people want to express an opinion or ask a question, they are certainly allowed to do so without having to prove they're some kind of basketball experts. This board should be fun for fans, not intimidating.

You are so right Nan! I try never to criticize anyone for grammar, spelling, or having a different opinion then me. Even though I have an MBA I am far from perfect, just ask my sister. Many times I make numerous errors in posts because I'm to lazy to check it before I press the post button. Yes this board should be fun for fans, not intimidating.

Reaction Score

Nan, I would like to suggest that you continue with the current software package. I suspect that once the season begins the "Like/Unlike" features will be very popular.

Peace,

JohnFryer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member