For non-Nutmeggers | The Boneyard

For non-Nutmeggers

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It’s not quin-uh-PEE-ac, it’s QWINNAH-pee-ac. Jeepers, ESPN is in Connecticut, only 17 miles from campus, too

I thought this was settled a couple of years ago during Quinnipiac's Sweet 16 run. I remember ESPN and Lobo having a whole segment on the pronounciation of the name.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
People I've known from NYC all seem to refer to Manhattan as "New York" or sometimes the City.

I had a classmate who said he was from "central New York". Given that the New Yorkers I knew referred to Poughkeepsie as upstate, when I asked him what town, I was floored when he said Oswego. When I asked what he considered upstate, he said, Plattsburgh.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
People I've known from NYC all seem to refer to Manhattan as "New York" or sometimes the City.

I had a classmate who said he was from "central New York". Given that the New Yorkers I knew referred to Poughkeepsie as upstate, when I asked him what town, I was floored when he said Oswego. When I asked what he considered upstate, he said, Plattsburgh.
Here in NY when people say they're going upstate they either mean Clinton or Attica.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Anything north of the Bronx is Upstate, IMO. Some consider Rockland and Westchester to be downstate, but it’s debatable.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anything north of the Bronx is Upstate, IMO. Some consider Rockland and Westchester to be downstate, but it’s debatable.
Some people consider the Bronx upstate and say they need a visa for Staten Island.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom