Flying Solo....Part 2 | The Boneyard

Flying Solo....Part 2

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Oh My God Omg GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Reaction Score
Watching @Storrs South video yesterday, Solo really stood out to me with the offensive rebounds/putbacks. Just skying over the other team for easy boards. Can't wait for him to add 10 pounds. He's got the motor, the athletics, the shot is improving. Now hopefully this summer he does 150 Pick and Roll reps a day.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Watching @Storrs South video yesterday, Solo really stood out to me with the offensive rebounds/putbacks. Just skying over the other team for easy boards. Can't wait for him to add 10 pounds. He's got the motor, the athletics, the shot is improving. Now hopefully this summer he does 150 Pick and Roll reps a day.

Why?
Why?
Why?

Why would you say such a thing for any reason other than it's the off-season and some people feel obligated to say every player needs to add 10 lbs?

He's built like brick turdhouse. He doesn't need weight, speed, agility or strength. He has all those. He needs playing time with his teammates and he'll be fine.

Reaction Score
Why?
Why?
Why?

Why would you say such a thing for any reason other than it's the off-season and some people feel obligated to say every player needs to add 10 lbs?

He's built like brick turdhouse. He doesn't need weight, speed, agility or strength. He has all those. He needs playing time with his teammates and he'll be fine.
Agility may be a good add, but the others I agree.

Reaction Score
It’s impressive but vertical does not win the games. Cam got game high 8 rebounds in Nc game and grabbed a rebound against Edey!!!

Working on fundamentals such as ball handling, dribbling and shooting is more productive and valuable.

Reaction Score
"6-4 David Thompson leaving the earth's stratosphere (1976) "Skywalker"'s highest max vertical leap measured at 48 inches and 44 from a standing vertical." so they record both methods. Lets just say Solo is in the neighborhood at this point in time.

Reaction Score
It’s impressive but vertical does not win the games. Cam got game high 8 rebounds in Nc game and grabbed a rebound against Edey!!!

Working on fundamentals such as ball handling, dribbling and shooting is more productive and valuable.
All he's working on is his dunking and jumping and he's forcing people to film it for clicks which is gratuitous.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
The question is not about his athleticism. He's got that. We need him to show us his defense and his decision-making on O. Our offense is not for the faint of heart.

Reaction Score

I'm with you. I'm concerned that these guys are only working on dunks and jumping. Has the program lost focus? #concerned

Reaction Score

Maybe you could give some NIL support by requesting Solo make & send you a personal "working on my fundamentals" video on Cameo?

;)

Reaction Score
Wow people, lighten up. This was a short video posted to social media. You don't get clicks by posting a video of himself practicing his defense or studying the playbook. That doesn't mean he wasn't actually doing those things too. Or that this was just something fun he did at the end of a long day of practicing and work. Sheesh.

EDIT: To the extent that any or all of the above criticisms were snark, please proceed... ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm with you. I'm concerned that these guys are only working on dunks and jumping. Has the program lost focus? #concerned

Spot on. Danny boy needs less time ringing bells for the stock market and more time game planning and monitoring off-season workouts for the players. And for the love of all things good and holy, can Danny wrap up this McNeeley recruitment already?
#complacency

Reaction Score

Simply astonishing that people question his ability and forgot just how good he was in the early half of the season. He was sensational against UNC, most notably, and in a few other games.

Reaction Score
It looks to me like Solo is just using a different type of chair. Just saying.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Reaction Score
Like others have said, it's never been about athleticism or the skillset. He got exposed on the defensive end at times. I remember one game watching not rotate back on a few drives by other guards and I turned to my dad and said "Hurley's not going to put up with that for long.".
He has the ability to be an absolute stud for the team and an NBA prospect for sure. He just has to buy in and put in the work.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
A dunk is worth just as much as a layup they should be practicing those!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom