Florida St (8) @ Syracuse - 1/02/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida St (8) @ Syracuse - 1/02/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Holy stromboli ! Out of bounds alley oop play with 0.8 seconds left wins the game for Syracuse.

Engstler makes up for her defensive mistake on the previous play -- perfectly designed play but wow awful defense by Florida State.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just have to add: How disappointing is the lack of fan support in Syracuse? This is a team that reached the national championship game a few years ago. They go nuts for MBB in Syracuse but can't turn out for their women's team, which btw has been overall more competitive than the men's team in recent years.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I just have to add: How disappointing is the lack of fan support in Syracuse? This is a team that reached the national championship game a few years ago. They go nuts for MBB in Syracuse but can't turn out for their women's team, which btw has been overall more competitive than the men's team in recent years.
Plus it's not like Syracuse, NY offers a cornucopia of exciting ways to spend a freezing Thursday night in early January...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Plus it's not like Syracuse, NY offers a cornucopia of exciting ways to spend a freezing Thursday night in early January...
Q also isn’t the most engaging and dynamic ambassador either...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No wonder Stewie came to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Holy stromboli ! Out of bounds alley oop play with 0.8 seconds left wins the game for Syracuse.

Engstler makes up for her defensive mistake on the previous play -- perfectly designed play but wow awful defense by Florida State.
Virtually unbelievable that no one from FSU would be assigned to guard the paint. That lob to the paint is really the only way (barring a very low percentage catch and shoot) that FSU could lose with 0.8 seconds left and the ball being inbounded at half court.

Anybody know what the probability of victory was for Syracuse with 0.8 seconds left? Someone likely calculated it.

The unbeatens in WBB D1 are now down to 8, I believe.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The unbeatens in WBB D1 are now down to 8, I believe.
This is correct. The other two in action tonight were UConn and NC State.

Reaction Score
Is Kiara Lewis the early favorite for ESPNW player of the week? This was a decent-sized upset.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
...so is Syracuse really any good, is FSU just overrated or is the whole of the ACC sort of like the Big10 with lots of good teams but no one really elite and worthy of a top 10 team nomenclature?

Reaction Score
I think that remains to be seen, but I think the comparison to the Big 10 is apt.

Reaction Score
...so is Syracuse really any good, is FSU just overrated or is the whole of the ACC sort of like the Big10 with lots of good teams but no one really elite and worthy of a top 10 team nomenclature?

Syracuse is capable of being good, FSU is good, beat LSU, A&M, Michigan and MSU plus a solid VT team. As for conference talk, I'll leave that up to ya'll.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom