Florida Gulf Coast vs Notre Dame - 11/28/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida Gulf Coast vs Notre Dame - 11/28/19

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is too short handed and inexperienced. Its going to be a tough year although I expect them to continue to get better.

Peoples continues to impress me a lot. Brunelle did not shoot very well but did a helluva job rebounding. They have some very talented young pieces for the future but they need more players right now.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Peoples continues to impress me a lot. Brunelle did not shoot very well but did a helluva job rebounding. They have some very talented young pieces for the future but they need more players right now.

I mean, who else was going to rebound? Her teammates are all small except for Cosgrove and she only played 13 minutes. Their next two best rebounders on the day were Peoples (8) and Gilbert (6), two 5-10 guards.

Reaction Score
The SEC isn't that great right now...

Trust me. Vandy very well may finish middle of the pack because the back half of the conference is laughably bad right now.

PAC 12 is the best conference right now
But we cannot disregard the top half. SC Mississippi State and A&M alone makes it a legit conference. Add Kentucky (their season falls on how good Patterson is) and Tennessee (who I think is better than their rankings). Arkansas lost steam when they lost to a bottom PAC 12 team. Which takes me to the point. The PAC 12 is the better conference. But the SEC is a distant second.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
But we cannot disregard the top half. SC Mississippi State and A&M alone makes it a legit conference. Add Kentucky (their season falls on how good Patterson is) and Tennessee (who I think is better than their rankings). Arkansas lost steam when they lost to a bottom PAC 12 team. Which takes me to the point. The PAC 12 is the better conference. But the SEC is a distant second.
The SEC has the slight edge over the ACC if you look at the top 3 only. After that all the comparisons go the ACC's way. Kentucky and Arkansas are clearly overrated, and I'm not sold on Tennessee just based on a win over the anemic Notre Dame.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
As a male, can I post in this thread or will Muffet tell me these threads have only women posters?

Reaction Score
Louisville is pretty good but that's about it, right?

Florida State, Miami, Syracuse, NC State are all solid but I think Louisville is at a level above the rest right now. I will continue to watch NC State closely though.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That's why I said overall. I'm not just talking about the teams in the top 10.

Reaction Score
That bottom Pac 12 team you’re referring to (Cal) looked very good. They have some chemistry going on in Berkeley. Jaelyn Brown played like a beast and her teammates were great.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Csmw0cRWEAA-LC2.jpg

You might be using this alot this season.

Reaction Score
The SEC has the slight edge over the ACC if you look at the top 3 only. After that all the comparisons go the ACC's way. Kentucky and Arkansas are clearly overrated, and I'm not sold on Tennessee just based on a win over the anemic Notre Dame.
Tennessee has some really good players. I fear they may be a factor in the SEC and maybe nationally but I hope they come apart just like last year, fingers crossed.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The SEC has the slight edge over the ACC if you look at the top 3 only....
I am not so sure about. We only know SC beat Maryland and then lost to Indiana. Texas A&M, who I picked to win the SEC, has underwhelmed as has MSU in a win
Over Marquette. I am throwing all their other wins out as neither hasn’t shown us anything. Top teams in ACC are Louisville, NC St as the top 2 (in my view) with any of these next for inclusion- FSU, Syracuse, Miami. These 5 match quite nicely with the 5 of the SEC (plus Arkansas who I still like despite the loss) add Georgia Tech (Nell has them playing surprisingly well) and a ND squad with Vaughn and a N.C. squad with the new coach and the ACC is very deep. But it will play out and we shall see how tight both these conferences are.

Reaction Score
A quick look at the Massey computer ratings, it looks like

SEC Top > ACC Top ( 3,9,10,18 vs 5,11,17,22 )
ACC Middle > SEC Middle ( 29, 30, 43, 45, 46, 55, 67 vs 25, 47, 48, 73, 75, 86)
SEC Bottom > ACC Bottom ( 95, 105, 124, 177 vs 114, 143, 168, 219)

Granted, it's early and these rating will change.

Of course, I have to add:

Pac Top > Your Conference Top ( 2, 6, 7, 8 )
Pac Middle > Your Conference Middle (16, 31, 33, 44 )
Pac Bottom > Your Conference Bottom (54, 63, 80, 88)

But that's just based on objective results . . .

Reaction Score
L’ville is pretty good definitely not REALY good yet. They struggle on defense. Boise St and UTA chewed em up pretty good off offensive sets. Lville’s pressure defense helps them put runs together but half court is not good. Players still getting used to playing together.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom