Flight Scheduled from CT to Muncie for this afternoon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Flight Scheduled from CT to Muncie for this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any chance Lembo doesn't control (or isn't the only one with control) of his twitter account? Could be a person w/in their athletic dept tweeting. I've seen stuff like that before.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be happy or sad with a Lembo hire. He looks like he fits the mold of an Edsall. Find athletes, coach 'em up and win.

Would make me ecstatic if he kept TJ, Day and Foley. Highly doubtful but....

Reaction Score
I really wish that we could go to the Fiesta Bowl every year and lose...

Make post 415 one for the record books, would you please?

I would sign right now for 15 straight Fiesta Bowl losses on the spot. Where do some of you guys get this sense of entitlement from?

Reaction Score
Any chance Lembo doesn't control (or isn't the only one with control) of his twitter account? Could be a person w/in their athletic dept tweeting. I've seen stuff like that before.

All of our coaches run their own Twitter. Including CPL.

Reaction Score
I would sign right now for 15 straight Fiesta Bowl losses on the spot. Where do some of you guys get this sense of entitlement from?
Are you referring to the desire to win? That entitlement? I dont care if it is the Clorox Toilet Bowl that is being played. Win the damn game. That is all that matters.

Reaction Score
This is what is mind numbing to me from the "Lembo hasn't done squat except win but hire Weist now" crowd.
It's incredibly frustrating and makes no sense. Isn't Lembo quite a bit younger also? A month ago this board was creaming itself over Lembo now after we win three games, he is looked at being not as good or not better th@n Weist? Unreal

Reaction Score
Are you referring to the desire to win? That entitlement? I dont care if it is the Clorox Toilet Bowl that is being played. Win the damn game. That is all that matters.

So you were happier after the '08 season where we beat Buffalo in the Toronto bowl than the '10 season where we played in the Fiesta?

Reaction Score
Chuck Muncie was a cool RB for the Chargers. Even more cool is getting a town named after himself.
He was the only running back I can remember who wore eyeglasses in games. And he had a brother who also played in the NFL who spelled his name Muncy...those are two cool facts I know about Chuck and may have contributed to why he had the town named after him.

Reaction Score
I like Lembo a lot. Ball State is very entertaining to watch.

IMO, Weist isn't getting the job because if we took a swing at Narduzzi and missed, he needs to hire someone outside the program to save face.

Reaction Score
Yes, lets bank on the HC of Elon, Ball State and Lehigh.

Yes because no good coaches ever come through the MAC. All the successful ones started at big time schools. Saban, Meyer, Kelly.....the list goes on.

Reaction Score
Yes because no good coaches ever come through the MAC. All the successful ones started at big time schools. Saban, Meyer, Kelly.....the list goes on.
False argument. The argument is what is so persuasive about Lembo in relation to TJ Weist. There is zero that can be offered up to say Lembo is a better choice. His O.K. record in schools down the ladder is not an indicator of success, and in fact in stiff post season competition he folds. So, how is it that TJ who has done remarkable things to improve a train wreck midstream and who has coached under some of the best is decidedly less attractive than Lembo. I really don't get it. In fact its just nuts. As mystified as you are, I am equally mystified on the other side.

Reaction Score
So you were happier after the '08 season where we beat Buffalo in the Toronto bowl than the '10 season where we played in the Fiesta?

AFTER the bowl game? Yes. I was much happier leaving SkyDome than I was leaving the Fiesta Bowl. The euphoria of being in Tampa with a few of you fine folks at the USF game cancels out my unhappiness in total, but spending thousands of dollars to witness a loss is not a good thing. I felt the same way coming back from Charlotte.

Don't mistake that for wishing we didn't go to the Fiesta Bowl. But don't underestimate what winning bowl games does to the psyche of the person that has to shell out money to attend them.

Reaction Score
Yet you're all in for Weist who is 3-5 as a head coach.
More so than Lembo who is 0-0 as a BCS coach. More so than Lembo who didnt have to turn around a demoralized program mid season. A program that was lucky enough to beat 3 teams, even if those teams were poor. Many of you guys are balls deep with Lembo and down on Weist, but neither has proven much of anything.

Reaction Score
Maybe they can delete it from the log book.

(if only we can find a way to keep airmen O'Malley and Rodriguez quiet...)

LOL....after all said...above is best post of the day!!!!(and maybe some can't handle the truth!!!!)

Reaction Score
APB...

6826105256_2308e6c8a4.jpg

Reaction Score
We are so small time.

We cant even make the splashy solid hire when we absolutely need to show the College Football world that we are serious and mean business. We're gonna get someone who is BLAH or Weist. We will be making a statement but not eh one we want to and NEED to make.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know when I think of great programs I think of Boston College. How could you not they won every bowl game they played in for a decade.

Reaction Score
We are so small time.

We cant even make the splashy solid hire when we absolutely need to show the College Football world

Lembo's name is well known in the college football world. He would be A GREAT GET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom