Firsts of summer | The Boneyard

Firsts of summer

Reaction Score
From se CT, had my first BLTs with garden tomatoes. First taste of our native peaches. Also sliced them into vanilla ice cream. Grlling them next. First pick of black raspberries (tons this year as are blueberries) and looks to be a bumper crop from the Baldwin apple trees this year. No sugar plums, one of our local commercial farms said no one in the state has them this year. Hope everyone enjoys the fruits of their labors.

Reaction Score
From se CT, had my first BLTs with garden tomatoes. First taste of our native peaches. Also sliced them into vanilla ice cream. Grlling them next. First pick of black raspberries (tons this year as are blueberries) and looks to be a bumper crop from the Baldwin apple trees this year. No sugar plums, one of our local commercial farms said no one in the state has them this year. Hope everyone enjoys the fruits of their labors.
I had been looking for sugar plums too. Dammit. One of my under the radar summer favorites.

Reaction Score
I had been looking for sugar plums too. Dammit. One of my under the radar summer favorites.
Me too Deep. The farm said it was weather related, Winter to spring transition. Couple of years ago I lost my apple buds to a frost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom