First Step New BE Should Take | The Boneyard

First Step New BE Should Take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
....or at least UConn and RU, is to sign a deal with Yankee Stadium to play the UConn-RU game there every season. We should make it very clear that to the extent any teams represent the NY market (and yes, no teams really can, but its a huge market so even a much smaller percentage is a lot of eyeballs) these are the two. It's certainly more plausible than SU trying to pitch itself as NYC's team. The two schools benefit because they may represent the NYC package deal in the next round of expansion and it continues for as long as possible the BE's position as NYC's league - which may have carryover benefits for the league during the roundball season.

P.S. Even if the two teams end up in different leagues at some point, it would still represent a great opportunity to establish a regional OOC rivalry on famous, but neutral, soil.

P.P.S. Does anyone else feel the real downfall for the Big East came when NYC dropped the West Side Stadium project? Imagine selling a league with a football championship and host of a major bowl in the financial and media capital of the world. Perhaps even playing the basketball championship there in front of 40K+ people. I'd bet some surprising teams might have been interested in such an option even if it might have yielded an unwieldy 12/20 arrangement or something similar.

Reaction Score
Kibbles, while I'd hate to lose a home date at the Rent, your idea has some merit. BUT, if you're going to a metropolitan venue, you might as well go to Metlife Stadium in the Meadowlands. UConn has @ 25,000 season ticket holders & Snooki probably has over 30.000. Yankee stadium's sightlines are poor for football & it only holds 46.000. Tie seating priority to season ticket sales & you might spur them upward just to get a ticket to this game.

Reaction Score
Yankee Stadium holds 52K, MetLife holds 82K. I can tell you the sightlines from the last row of Met Life, yes I sat in the last row, are utterly atrocious. You're a mile away. Also better to have the event sold out than be begging people to fill up seats.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As long as there is a guarantee of 7 games at the rent, this is a terrific idea. Helps with FCC to boot.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak