First Night | Page 5 | The Boneyard

First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
AK is the only one who seemed to take his time with his shot. Everybody else including Azzi seemed to be rushing their shot.

Did Alex go 11-12 in the finals?

Reaction Score
I wonder what's the percentage of recruits committing to Uconn after they come to first night? Asking anyone knowledgeable of this type of statistics. Or rather, which recruits have come to first night and not commit?

Reaction Score
I wonder what's the percentage of recruits committing to Uconn after they come to first night? Asking anyone knowledgeable of this type of statistics. Or rather, which recruits have come to first night and not commit?
The " chemistry" and " energy" of First Night should be more than enough to " (chemistry) bond"
Allie, Morgan, Ari, Sarah, Kelis (2025), and Lauren Hassell ( 2027) to the UCONN HUSKIE FAMILY!!
GO Team... GO Huskies!

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this First Night a production of WFSB? Joe Zone had more airtime than players. Couldn't figure out the coaches interviews, how hard can it be to have the camera on the players (this was their night after all) and have the interview in background.

Reaction Score
I didn't see a boot on Jana. I wish we could have seen her play this year.

( sigh )
Jana was wearing a boot. Check out the First Night picture of Paige. You can just barely see the tape on her left thumb. Compare that to the huge tape job on her wrist and thumb from a few days ago.

Interesting criticisms from the TV audience on there being too much talk from the coaches. While those of us at Gampel, unlike in other years, heard nothing from the coaches.

Reaction Score
Must be an old guy thing. I got it. :)
If I have to explain my joke, it probably wasn’t a very good one to start with…:oops:

I’ll do better next time…
You did just fine, Oldude... this old guy got a good chuckle from your quip, an excellent way to start today! Thanks.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this First Night a production of WFSB? Joe Zone had more airtime than players. Couldn't figure out the coaches interviews, how hard can it be to have the camera on the players (this was their night after all) and have the interview in background.
I was so pissed off at that. We have seen countless interviews of the coaches, all we wanted to see was the players. Besides, Joe looked like he was having a heart attack.

Reaction Score
Jana was wearing a boot. Check out the First Night picture of Paige. You can just barely see the tape on her left thumb. Compare that to the huge tape job on her wrist and thumb from a few days ago.

Interesting criticisms from the TV audience on there being too much talk from the coaches. While those of us at Gampel, unlike in other years, heard nothing from the coaches.
It does seem strange that FSB, or UConn Sports, or whoever, would deprive those at Gampel from hearing from Geno and Hurley, while at the same time depriving anyone watching from elsewhere from seeing most of the players' action. I'd hope they'll have that mapped out better for '24, although I'm not optimistic.
I was so pissed off at that. We have seen countless interviews of the coaches, all we wanted to see was the players. Besides, Joe looked like he was having a heart attack.

Reaction Score

This really is some of the best footage from first night. I couldn't tell watching the stream Azzi hut everything in the final rack. She was a bit cold in the first round but found her shot a bit more in the second. I also see a lot of other good footage. Is Nika going to sue Bird pull up from the free throw line all game! Looked great and should be a real threat with all the space the team should have.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree! It was so very frustrating. The positioning of the cameras was off all night.

Reaction Score
I don't know who runs the show but someone needs to tell them we want to see THE PLAYERS!!! Not the coaches. I mean its not like the coaches have any Earth shattering news. Let them talk but show the players in the competitions.
They should have also found our new signees and talked to them.
Well said. Now I see why it is best to attend these events in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom