Final, post-tourney poll | The Boneyard

Final, post-tourney poll

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nice to see TA&M drops to #10, even with the refs' help to beat Troy and Iowa State.
I would've dropped them to at least 14th in the poll. There is no way that Troy should've been in that game if A&M was legit.

Reaction Score
Does the poll always place the loser of the championship game as the 2nd in the country? Seems to me that you could make a case that, over the full season, UConn and SC were better than Arizona. Not that the final ranking matters... other than #1.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does the poll always place the loser of the championship game as the 2nd in the country? Seems to me that you could make a case that, over the full season, UConn and SC were better than Arizona. Not that the final ranking matters... other than #1.

Usually, 1 and 2 are set. Typically, 3 and 4 are also, though the order of 3 and 4 isn't clear.

Reaction Score
Maryland at 9 looks questionable at first glance. I definitely would put them at 8 - above Indiana.

but at second glance. Do they really deserve to be above either of the ACC teams. Maybe, yes due to the relatively good showing of the Big in the tourney.

One bad upset really hurt them. Texas rose 9 spots purely as a result of that one upset despite being destroyed in their next game.

strange what one game can cause.

Reaction Score
Why don't they just take the top 25 teams from the tourney and make that the final poll? If you're going to do that with the first four spots, why not the whole thing if it's mostly a meaningless exercise anyway?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom