FINAL Gampel Court | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FINAL Gampel Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have no idea if "putting us out of our Missouri" is a brain fart, an accidental autocorrect, or a joke. Perhaps an Oriakhi reference. The reference to "honey bobo" that followed didn't clear it up.

Is anyone here fluent in Dan?

I don't think Dan is fluent in Dan. I had to go back and look to make sense of your references, because I never got through the first paragraph the first time. It made my head hurt too much.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
1) This is nowhere near final.
2) Still need to finish the UCONN HUSKIES on the nearside (look at the H it's not complete --- i bet theare putting HUSKIES in RED or something -- there's not enough space between UCONN and HUSKIES).
3) Still need to add UCONN HUSKIES to the farside (bench side).
4) The New York Life and American logos on the floor still need to dry -- (I'm assuming that's the american logo unless they are bringing back the Sandy Hook ribbons).
5) Need to add "alumni court" to the paint area unless they rename it Calhoun Court.

Reaction Score
I can't believe there are this many of you that don't have Dan on your ignore list. My mind is blown.
His posts are seriously ridiculous. Haven't blocked anyone until now, but that rambling bs/waaahhh I usually hear from my 8 month old is getting old.

Reaction Score
His posts are seriously ridiculous. Haven't blocked anyone until now, but that rambling bs/waaahhh I usually hear from my 8 month old is getting old.
See, I wouldn't know anything about that. :)

Reaction Score
Your part of the problem. Congrats.

So you've complained that the logo (seriously, how difficult is it to understand that a wolf and husky look VERY similar?) isn't going to be associated with the UCONN brand, and now you're complaining that we're putting it in the most visible place for UCONN athletics? You can't be pleased. And remember, a lot of the stuff you complain about is because we don't have enough fans to justify the costs of upgrading things like the stadium, so actually you, who doesn't even show up to the games, are part of the problem. Congrats.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
U should call that for the school u root for. We are in the AAC. We play half our home games in a under built from day 1 roof peeking away on campus stadium and the other half in one of the worst irises on the east coast. We play football in a stadium that has potential but is laughable compared to the big boys. We play baseball on a field that doesn't measure up to a d3 field down the street. Uconn wouldn't know marketing if it hit them in the face. The ad made a war with our bball coaches to puff chest. We're not aau. We let several figures including the old bc ad make us look like crap in the media and we laid down.

We hung out with wake Forrest while Lville had dinner with fsu. We took a iconic dog that needed to be slimmed down a bit, a bit of blue added and given some teeth not younger and let Nike poop on it and turn out a wolf. Then we let me outline it in red. Bc, umass, Cuse, Ruty and temple are all red/orange/maroon. We're blue. So yea all the teams we don't like we just made a fool of ourselves. Basically the bleed blue hash tag couldn't be any more false. We just admitted red is cool and blue really isn't. Then we took our state name and said that's no good. Screw state pride. We don't want our locals and state fans to care. We're going to call ourselves by our nickname which used to be a fun cheer but got dragged thru the mud by cheerleader who used it to offer. Those cheerleaders are not official ones because we don't lie hot girls. We like slam pigs. So now our school name is uconn which sounds like a mix of a city school and a community or commuter school conn com get it? Great job on that one. Umich, utex, uind, unorthcar are all following suit. They are late to the game. Really. Umass beat them to it and yes umass is clearly the type of company we like to commit. When Tulane comes to town this winter I hope hurricane Katrina comes with it and it floods this state and puts us all out of our Missouri. Honey bobo laughed at that. Our president was quoted saying lax was her favorite sports. We know husky nan and warde had dockers on a island with wake Forrest while a acc invite was up for grabs.

Don't u love all these new marketing videos the schools is putting out? Great commercials right? I love cooking on my charcoal grill at the rent tailgating in the soggy ground because its not paved. All the casual fans love showing up and then going home and having t clean sneakers. Playing beer pong, throwing the football and having a keg are no nos because we act like a small private schoo, and not a big public. 20k kids on campus and none of them want to track to the games. Eventually someone in storrs will ask why. Then when they realize 90% play on campus they will go huh, that makes sense. Student throws party's and pack the place. Alums come back to campus. Take tours, play golf and rehash old memory's. then giving rises very quickly so on. None of that will happen at uconn because we don't want to act lime a real schools. We're ucomm or is it uconn? The wolves of uconn or is it connecticut? What's that state name? Oh right New England.

Your part of the problem. Congrats.

......... What?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So you've complained that the logo (seriously, how difficult is it to understand that a wolf and husky look VERY similar?) isn't going to be associated with the UCONN brand, and now you're complaining that we're putting it in the most visible place for UCONN athletics? You can't be pleased. And remember, a lot of the stuff you complain about is because we don't have enough fans to justify the costs of upgrading things like the stadium, so actually you, who doesn't even show up to the games, are part of the problem. Congrats.
It's a wolf. EW gets royalties. Solves the no scholarship problem. And UConn gives the NCAA the royal finger.

D

Deleted member 3149

IMO, uconn is doing SOMETHING right. Most successful basketball program of the past 15 years ain't too shabby. I personally don't want to be like Indiana or Texas, I like the "new money" approach that UConn is taking. It's bad ass, and it pisses people off to see our success.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Hideous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Is this new court the 2011 championship court they bought after they one the title?

Reaction Score
The old courts sucked with the dog on in the middle and now the new one sucks the same way. State outline or bust. The school ha suet to learn. Eventually some 1 in storrs will wake up and say hmmmmm maybe all the crapy decision over the years have led to this day when other schools are in food confs making 20mil plus and we make 1mil for dog poop. Maybe we should start acting like a flag ship school.....that day will never come. We have a bunch of clowns running the show. Ok and other work there asset off and they can't get to the next level hear because of drop decisions.

The state outline followed by the block c was the way to go. We put a wolf on the court. As usual a freaking plus by uconn. Lets just go private or community college because ucomm sounds a lot like uconn or a private school and not connecticut. In mother real as usual. But hey, all u clowns keep supporting it.
Jeez, give it a rest with the damn "C".

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Jeez, give it a rest with the damn "C".

michigan-m
maryland-m
florida-f
alabama-a
tennessee-t
wet virginia-wv
purdue-p
llinois-i
nebraska-n
wisc-w
minn-m
oregon-o
wash-w
arizona-a
utah-u
georgia-g

lets not hang out with this group.....

D

Deleted member 3149

Michigan- 1 title
Maryland- 1 title
Florida- 2 titles
Alabama- 0 titles
Tennessee- 0 titles
West Virginia- 0 titles
Purdue- 0 titles
Illinois- 0 titles
Nebraska- 0 titles
Wisconsin- 0 titles
Minnesota- 0 titles
Oregon- 0 titles
Washington- 0 titles
Arizona- 1 title
Utah- 0 titles
Georgia- 0 titles

Combined total: 5 titles

UConn ALONE- 3 titles.

Why be like teams who aren't as good as us?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Michigan- 1 title
Maryland- 1 title
Florida- 2 titles
Alabama- 0 titles
Tennessee- 0 titles
West Virginia- 0 titles
Purdue- 0 titles
Illinois- 0 titles
Nebraska- 0 titles
Wisconsin- 0 titles
Minnesota- 0 titles
Oregon- 0 titles
Washington- 0 titles
Arizona- 1 title
Utah- 0 titles
Georgia- 0 titles

UConn ALONE- 3 titles.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

George Carlin

Reaction Score
Funny, UConn use to have the state logo on the old fieldhouse center court before Gampel. For every Carolina and Indiana there is a Kentucky or a Kansas who dont use a state logo too. Do hope the baselines have the state name at least. Prefer a clean looking court, the one Temple had a couple of years ago was too much.

We were so much better then. Wish we had never gotten rid of the state logo. Ruined everything.

Reaction Score
Michigan- 1 title
Maryland- 1 title
Florida- 2 titles
Alabama- 0 titles
Tennessee- 0 titles
West Virginia- 0 titles
Purdue- 0 titles
Illinois- 0 titles
Nebraska- 0 titles
Wisconsin- 0 titles
Minnesota- 0 titles
Oregon- 0 titles
Washington- 0 titles
Arizona- 1 title
Utah- 0 titles
Georgia- 0 titles

UConn ALONE- 3 titles.

Maryland - B1G
Florida - SEC
Alabama - SEC
Tennessee - SEC
West Virginia - B12
Purdue - B1G
Illinois - B1G
Nebraska - B1G
Wisconsin - B1G
Minnesota - B1G
Oregon - Pac12
Washington - Pac12
Arizona - Pac12
Utah - Pac12
Georgia - SEC

UConn...AAC

Teams that aren't as good as us? Maybe in basketball, but it was pretty obvious that wasn't Dan's point.

Reaction Score
Maryland - B1G
Florida - SEC
Alabama - SEC
Tennessee - SEC
West Virginia - B12
Purdue - B1G
Illinois - B1G
Nebraska - B1G
Wisconsin - B1G
Minnesota - B1G
Oregon - Pac12
Washington - Pac12
Arizona - Pac12
Utah - Pac12
Georgia - SEC

UConn...AAC

Teams that aren't as good as us? Maybe in basketball, but it was pretty obvious that wasn't Dan's point.

You must have enough box tops to get the decoder ring.

Let's just take Alabama as one example. They have a cursive A as a logo, but their football helmets have their jersey numbers on them. They also have an elephant in their logo sometimes, even though they are the Crimson Tide. They chant "Roll Tide" and are usually referred to as "Bama" colloquially. Their teams even sometimes just use "Bama" on their jerseys (same way you see Mizzou on Missouri jerseys or Zona on Arizona jerseys sometimes).

Reaction Score
You must have enough box tops to get the decoder ring.

Let's just take Alabama as one example. They have a cursive A as a logo, but their football helmets have their jersey numbers on them. They also have an elephant in their logo sometimes, even though they are the Crimson Tide. They chant "Roll Tide" and are usually referred to as "Bama" colloquially. Their teams even sometimes just use "Bama" on their jerseys (same way you see Mizzou on Missouri jerseys or Zona on Arizona jerseys sometimes).

Don't take my comment as trying to validate Dan's rant, I just think mikesol incorrectly concluded that Dan's post had anything to do with basketball. I don't claim to be able to decipher all of his references, but if there is one common theme in all his posts, it's that he thinks the UConn athletic department does a poor job of marketing itself. There is probably some merit to that, though I'm far from an expert on this CR stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom