Final 6 regular season games | The Boneyard

Final 6 regular season games

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm overlooking DePaul. I'll be there for $6, we're going to blow them out.

Final 6 games- Marquette home, Creighton away, Nova home, Seton Hall home, Marquette away, Providence away.

Arguably our toughest stretch of the season. 4-2 over the stretch would be fine and almost assuredly get us the regular season Big East title and the #1 seed in the East. Anything worse than 4-2 would be really disappointing with this squad. Running the table would send a huge message. One game at a time but since Hurley and the players aren't shying away from the talk neither should we as fans. Marquette home game on Saturday is huge, if we win that the Big East regular season is ours.

Reaction Score
I think 4-2 is likely, but if we do go 4-2, I'd rather it be the Creighton and Marquette road games than the last 2.

Reaction Score
If UConn does lock up the Big East title before the last two games, I wonder if Hurley would rotate the bench in more, both to give guys playing time and to lessen the chances of a starter getting hurt. I could see UConn picking up a loss or even two at the end that way. But I said 17-3 in the BE a month ago, and I'm still on board with that prediction. I think we do go 5-2 the rest of the way, via one path or another.

Reaction Score
If UConn does lock up the Big East title before the last two games, I wonder if Hurley would rotate the bench in more, both to give guys playing time and to lessen the chances of a starter getting hurt. I could see UConn picking up a loss or even two at the end that way. But I said 17-3 in the BE a month ago, and I'm still on board with that prediction. I think we do go 5-2 the rest of the way, via one path or another.

He should but he kept the starters in yesterday up 25 with 4 to go. Don’t think he’s load managing anyone

Reaction Score
Glad we have tough games on the schedule one game at a time, Scoe doesn’t do predictions.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not. Our goal is the national championship, not the Big East regular season championship.

Reaction Score
No way can we throw a game against Marquette. If they also beat us in the BET they could steal our 1 seed, or some other team could if we finish with 5 losses.

Reaction Score
Someone posted a reference to another program's board and boy do they love Coach Hurley. I don't know what the strategy will be but I'm sure they will be playing all out to win every game no matter what it takes. A gem from their board:

Reaction Score
I’m thinking that we beat Nova and Seton Hall at home, and split the other four games. Have no prediction on which two of those other four games will be wins.

That result, followed by making it to the championship game of the BE tournament, should wrap up a number one seed. Two at worst.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
From the Georgetown post-game interview, Hurley said that the purpose of the tongue-lashing during the timeout when the margin was 25 was to emphasize that constant high-intensity effort has to be a habit

Why? Because if it is not, then a better team down the line is going to take advantage of a lapse, and it will result in the season will coming to an end.

These final games are the run-up to the win-or-go-home part of the season.

Reaction Score
This stretch has 2 coin flip games (the games at Marquette and at Creighton), 2 games where we are modest favorites (home Marquette, at Providence), and 2 games we should win but are not locks (home to Nova and Seton Hall).

I'd expect to lose 1 of the first 2 coin flips, and the remaining 4 turn into approximately 2 more coin flips, so I'd expect another loss between them.

4-2 is a good, expected result for a top team in that stretch.
6-0 is like a 12% chance. 5-1 is great, 3-3 is okay but not awful. 2-4 or worse would be bad.

Reaction Score
Dare I say…. 6-0. This team can win solely on its defensive prowess when healthy. And I don’t foresee another Big East game where none of our guys’ shots are falling. I know. Too optimistic. Almost Scrappy-like. But there’s something very special about this group.

Reaction Score
If we stay healthy I say 5-1. I don’t think Creighton matches up well with us, and our defense will travel. Tough to see us sweeping Marquette but we will see how Saturday goes (so pumped to be there). Tough to see Seton Hall sweeping us. Away at Providence will be tough unless Carter is paying hurt, which is a real possibility given how he’s thrown himself around all year; they’ll be coming off a nice two game streak of Nova at home and at GTown

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Shoot for the moon. 7-0. Statement win is striking Marquette in the heart in Milwaukee.
Demoralize everyone going into BET.

Win that and then repeat.

Finish season on a 19 game win streak.
3-0 in BET.
6-0 in NCAA.

28 game win streak and back to back.

Forever stamp this two year run against any program in NCAA history.

It's there for the taking.

Reaction Score
Shoot for the moon. 7-0. Statement win is striking Marquette in the heart in Milwaukee.
Demoralize everyone going into BET.

Win that and then repeat.

Finish season on a 19 game win streak.
3-0 in BET.
6-0 in NCAA.

28 game win streak and back to back.

Forever stamp this two year run against any program in NCAA history.

It's there for the taking.
Spanning across last year and this year that would include a 53-4 run and being 21-1 in tournaments; and only losing one game out of conference to Kansas on the road on a last second shot without Castle and Cam playing injured.

Florida won both its conference tournaments and also only lost to Kansas (at home and KU was ranked 10th) out of conference, but would have lost two more games overall. We’ll see how this tournament goes, but even if we go through a gauntlet, Florida will have played higher seeds than our run last year.

But now we are doomed so this is all moot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom