Feelings on the downfall of our historic rivals? | The Boneyard

Feelings on the downfall of our historic rivals?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
A good chunk of our historic rivals aren’t doing so hot these days..Pitt, Cuse, GTown, BC, L’Ville* all in shambles. What is your general feeling about this development? Do we have room to talk given our struggles towards the end of the AAC days? Do we get to boast because they destroyed the old Big East?

Reaction Score
nice wow wow wee wow GIF

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Let Pitt/Cuse/Louisville/BC all burn.

Being at the game yesterday and seeing the utter apathy from the Georgetown fans was pathetic. I thought we outnumbered them 60/40 and that might be conservative. The league is/will be better when they are good and I’d much rather contend with a good Georgetown team than a good Creighton/Xavier team.

Reaction Score
the surprising thing is theyve fallen as far, if not further, than we did while playing in a midmajor conference for 6-7 years. they couldnt even keep it going in the ACC after thinking it was an upgrade over the BE so hell yeah i hope they all keep sucking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Listening to the announcers in the Cuse/Duke game talk about how Boeheim coaching 50 seasons is a good possibility was even greater than the complete beatdown that was happening on the court.

Reaction Score
Let Pitt/Cuse/Louisville/BC all burn.

Being at the game yesterday and seeing the utter apathy from the Georgetown fans was pathetic. I thought we outnumbered them 60/40 and that might be conservative. The league is/will be better when they are good and I’d much rather contend with a good Georgetown team than a good Creighton/Xavier team.
Georgetown is 0-17 in the league, they've lost 18 GAMES IN A ROW. Knowing DC sports fans, I'm actually shocked any showed up at all

Reaction Score
Hope Georgetown comes back bc they are in our conference. Complete apathy for any of the others - it's been so long since most of them have been good (especially Pitt and BC) that it's hard to recall. LVille was always weird and only a rival in the sense that they were a good team that was in our conference. I have never met a single LVille grad in the normal course of my life.

Syracuse, I am absolutely enjoying watching them rot, and the fact that it's happening while the coach who got them there is still the coach is even better. Couldn't think of a more deserving fanbase or guy. Will taste their tears.

mrw GIF

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Pride commeth before the fall.

I hate all these snark at others posts, particularly Cuse. We won it all in '14 precisely because they danced on our AAC grave. Don't repay any of those above the favor. If you believe it impacts the mojo it does.

Reaction Score
Came here to type this. Eye for an eye.

It wasn't pretty for a while and our rivals loved to remind us every opportunity. But rumors of our demise were greatly exaggerated.
Difference being that we have as many championships as all of them COMBINED......so we always had/have that to hang our hats on

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If the ACC implodes in about a decade due to the SEC and B1G feasting, I would be cool with bringing Syracuse, Pitt, and BC back.

Reaction Score
If the ACC implodes in about a decade due to the SEC and B1G feasting, I would be cool with bringing Syracuse, Pitt, and BC back.
Honestly I don’t care about them anymore. The BE and Nova are enough for me now. I don’t really care about what schools we beat anymore; don’t really care about the hate factor anymore. I just want us winning.

Reaction Score
F them all, except Georgetown. I dont blame those schools for taking the ACC invite but to try and throw us under the bus and have the arrogance that you rather see our program suffer instead of your program winning is such a losers mentality.

Reaction Score

Syracuse and Pitt, sure. They stayed with us in the league after the first defection, and only left when given an offer that we would have taken if it were us.

BC -- absolutely not. They have stated New England was only big enough for one of us. I'll take them at their word.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom