February - Other Big East Games | Page 13 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Not sure that was a goaltend there, but it followed an iffy foul where the PC player slipped and fell over.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is not another gym in the country where Bynum will get bailed out by the officials on a play like that.

Reaction Score
It must be nice to hack away and not worry about it. That last sequence was a joke.
The alley oop Floyd fouled Kaluma but we all knew they weren't going to call that

caw

Reaction Score
PC cannot defend the high pick and roll at all right now.

Creighton ran it about 5 plays in a row, different directions different players but same play. PC is getting more varied shots and a lot of calls.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Creighton will have to win this game, refs are not going to give them any favors.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Creighton should have won it in regulation, Providence should have won it in OT. Creighton’s lack of depth could be a problem.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
the Kaluma travel call was the dagger. Not surprising that the refs decided it.

caw

Reaction Score
Road game, BE, loss. Shocked <<sarcasm>>

Creighton is a good team, but their winning streak was built by a good schedule (home against good teams, road against bad). This was their first test since losing on the road to X and UConn. It's not surprising they lost. Don't get me wrong, they are a good team but anyone who had them winning tonight was high.

I like PC and Cooley, if they had different fans I'd root for them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Road game, BE, loss. Shocked <<sarcasm>>

Creighton is a good team, but their winning streak was built by a good schedule (home against good teams, road against bad). This was their first test since losing on the road to X and UConn. It's not surprising they lost. Don't get me wrong, they are a good team but anyone who had them winning tonight was high.

I like PC and Cooley, if they had different fans I'd root for them.

I don't know that I would play my starters a lot of minutes at Providence if I was Sean Miller. The officials are certain to do everything they can to get PC the win at crunch time in a close game, so why risk an injury right before the tournament in a game you have almost no chance of winning? If Xavier gets up 15 points early in the second half, then keep the first unit in. Otherwise, play the bench in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom