Favorite Lines From A Movie | The Boneyard

Favorite Lines From A Movie

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Guys, what is your favorite line from any movie, domestic or international? I'll start with one from the many I love. This from Groundhog's Day when Phil Conners says over the phone, "How do you know there will be a tomorrow, there wasn't one today!".

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Great thread. This could go on indefinitely.

"Like I told my last wife, I says 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes.'"

Big Trouble in Little China

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Since this topic is "favorite lines" rather than "best known", I'll submit this.

I don't know if I have ever - and, I mean, ever - unexpectedly laughed harder at a movie. Perhaps it's because we had a very large male harlequin Dane, and I know how dignified they can be.

"Whenever Mrs Kissel breaks wind, we beat the dog."

From, of all places, the movie "10".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"A man has got to know his limitations" (An observation that I've lived by daily since hearing it)
Movie: Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry

"I never liked strangers much. That's cause no stranger ever "good news'd" me"

Spoken by Walter Brennan to John Wayne in Red River (1948) as two riders approached them on horseback, one of whom was later shot/killed by Wayne, and became part of the landscape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Love this thread: all these are fabulous, and could go on forever. Here's 2:

Stanley Kowalski: Hey, Stella! Hey, Stellaaa!

And a tip 'o the hat to Scoop, above: "You've got to ask yourself a question: 'do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Carnac

Reaction Score
Love this thread: all these are fabulous, and could go on forever. Here's 2:

Stanley Kowalski: Hey, Stella! Hey, Stellaaa!

And a tip 'o the hat to Scoop, above: "You've got to ask yourself a question: 'do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

That movie was full of one-liners!!!

Reaction Score
Peter O'Toole (drunk) walking into the ladies room unzipping his fly. Woman (indignant): This is for ladies, sir. O'Toole: So is this, madam, but sometimes I have to run water through it. (from "My Favorite Year")

Carnac

Reaction Score
Peter O'Toole (drunk) walking into the ladies room unzipping his fly. Woman (indignant): This is for ladies, sir. O'Toole: So is this, madam, but sometimes I have to run water through it. (from "My Favorite Year")

I never saw this movie. When I read this, I laughed out loud. That was a man that could think on his feet!! A like does not do this justice, I loved it!!! :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom