favorite hot sauce | Page 4 | The Boneyard

favorite hot sauce

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'm glad this got dredged up - i'm going to try some Nando's peri-peri sauce.

I'd say 3 or 4 of my top 5 hot sauces are from El Yucateco. The "regular" habanero, the XXX Hot and Black Label varieties are all REALLY good.

OK, question for the CT people with good memories: My all time favorite hot sauce was a barrel-aged habanero sauce that was made in CT - maybe Milford? (could be wrong on that) I want to say the product name was some variation of a guy's name like "Mike's" or "Rick's", but could be wrong about that too. Pretty sure it hasn't been made in a long time. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm glad this got dredged up - i'm going to try some Nando's peri-peri sauce.

I'd say 3 or 4 of my top 5 hot sauces are from El Yucateco. The "regular" habanero, the XXX Hot and Black Label varieties are all REALLY good.

OK, question for the CT people with good memories: My all time favorite hot sauce was a barrel-aged habanero sauce that was made in CT - maybe Milford? (could be wrong on that) I want to say the product name was some variation of a guy's name like "Mike's", but could be wrong about that too. Pretty sure it hasn't been made in a long time. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Damn, I was just going to say Nando's Peri-Peri. I finished my bottle on Thursday and hoping it's still at my local Fresh Thyme store. Not too many places carry it out here. It's a really versatile sauce that goes well with almost anything. It's my preferred hot sauce for morning eggs.

I've been picking away at a giant pot of red beans & rice I made last week. For that I use Louisiana brand, which to me has a better flavor and different kick than the traditional Tabasco or something like Texas Pete. I've got red and green habanero sauces and a ghost pepper sauce, but the uses for those are pretty limited, IMO. I'm more flavor than heat these days.

Reaction Score
My sister got me a bunch of hot sauces from up in Buffalo for my birthday. That's all I'll use now, they're so good

Reaction Score
Inner Beauty is back. Tastes a little different than it used to but still very good.
shopping

I’m guessing from the label and the color it’s a scotch bonnet / mustard Caribbean style? That’s my favorite type of hot sauce and I’m looking for a new one to try.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m guessing from the label and the color it’s a scotch bonnet / mustard Caribbean style? That’s my favorite type of hot sauce and I’m looking for a new one to try.
Yes. That’s exactly what it is.

Reaction Score
I love scotch bonnet hot sauces. I’ve tried a bunch, but have found myself sticking with Walkerswood. Nothing fancy or expensive. It’s $5 a bottle and I use it all the time.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I like Mago. It's a small batch hot sauce with various flavors. MagoHotSauce.com. One of the part owners is from CT. I first tried it from the brother of that owner.

Reaction Score
There's a store in Monroe called "The Angry Pepper" I went to a couple times years ago, that sells all kinds of hot sauces. The strange thing is, it's always closed no matter when I pass by, and this goes way before the quarantine. I've always suspected it was a front business...

Reaction Score
If you’re looking for something new check out Hot Ones on YouTube. It’s an interview show with decent celebs. Catch is they eat wings with hot sauces that get hotter each one. Last wing is two million scoville units. Will Ferrell. Paul Rudd. Gordon Ramsey. Good stuff.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If you’re looking for something new check out Hot Ones on YouTube. It’s an interview show with decent celebs. Catch is they eat wings with hot sauces that get hotter each one. Last wing is two million scoville units. Will Ferrell. Paul Rudd. Gordon Ramsey. Good stuff.

The Jeff Goldblum episode is so Jeff Goldblum.

Reaction Score
Franks red hot, peri peri garlic, Hot ones los calientes, and yellow bird Serrano hot sauce.

Have all 4 on daily rotation depending on what I’m eating.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Siracha because I prefer the taste of chili pepper over Cayenne

Reaction Score
Sambal is my favorite. Less sweet than siracha, and a tad spicier.

Reaction Score
has anyone tried the new Old Bay Hot sauce?
I have. I really like it, but I’m an old bay guy. It’s literally just franks and old bay mixed. Nothing else to it. I made some hangover scrambled eggs with cheddar, dill, old bay hot sauce, and sausage and got some rave reviews a couple weekends ago.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Crystal Hot Sauce if I am making wing sauce. Chipotle Cholula/Tabasco.

A friend of mine gave me some hot sauce a friend of hers makes, Figo Foods. He is trying to start a business out of it, and they are amazing. A little different than a traditional hot sauce. Hopefully he can get some distribution and a reasonable kitchen space in NYC because I think he is on to something. Black market selling can only go so far.

Reaction Score
Got a sample gift box from my boys last XMas. They were all decent. Have made my way back to reorder and sample a few more. The Hoff Sauce was a definitely a keeper and the Lucky Dog Cherry Chipotle was different (in a good way).

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If y’all are fans of hot sauces, there is a HUGE craft hot sauce industry. My buddy owns a hot sauce company down here in Nashville, and I produce his podcast where he interviews other craft hot sauce companies and industry folks.

He recently had an interview with the guy who has the worlds largest hot sauce collection (9,200 bottles) and a guy who holds 3 Guinness world records for eating Carolina reaper peppers.

Figured I’d shamelessly plug it here for anyone interested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom