OT: - Father & 7 yr old son podcast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Father & 7 yr old son podcast

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
My podcast is called the Wicked Tasty Podcast. I'm based in Nashville TN and the show is an interview style show with entrepreneurs of the food & drink industry. I help share their stories so others can learn about their businesses and also understand how much work it takes to get a business off the ground. It is an extension of our instagram page (@wickedtasty) and website (www.eatwickedtasty.com).

First 10 episodes were recorded at my guests locations (restaurants / stores) so the audio quality is not optimal. Finally just moved into a professional studio, which I'm super excited about!

Wow. Cool! Money maker for you? We use Anchor. I’m learning a few edit features on it. Mic on the iPhone is pretty good. They say use the one you have with you. We hope to record live from the atmosphere of a few NBA/UConn games too. See what inspires us. Maybe get a sponsor. Any suggestions for that?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Wow. Cool! Money maker for you? We use Anchor. I’m learning a few edit features on it. Mic on the iPhone is pretty good. They say use the one you have with you. We hope to record live from the atmosphere of a few NBA/UConn games too. See what inspires us. Maybe get a sponsor. Any suggestions for that?

That is a very fun idea. I was watching a Yankees game earlier this year and they kept showing this group of kids who apparently were part of some broadcasting / media production camp (didn't know that was a thing) and they were all recording play by play for the entire game on their phones. Looked fun.

My podcast is not a moneymaker, but to be totally honest I haven't even tried to monetize it. I've been approached about advertising on the show from some local brands but that's not my focus at this time.

I'm sure there are some local companies who may be interested in partnering with you - maybe a local independent sporting goods store or baseball card shop. You'd probably have more luck landing a local sponsor if your ask isn't for cash, but rather for steeply discounted / free merchandise (a new pair of sneakers every 3 months for Joe, a box of baseball cards each month, etc.). Choose a partner you believe in, not just the first business that offers you something for free. Also, I don't know Joe, but at 7 I would have been much more motivated to continue the podcast if I was getting something cool out of it rather than just money.

For me, I've always admired entrepreneurs so I am using my podcast as a way to educate myself and learn directly from those entrepreneurs who are actually doing it, while at the same time sharing their insights in the form of a podcast with whoever else cares to listen on the other end. I have made some nice relationships through the podcast and gotten free food, which is always nice!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
That is a very fun idea. I was watching a Yankees game earlier this year and they kept showing this group of kids who apparently were part of some broadcasting / media production camp (didn't know that was a thing) and they were all recording play by play for the entire game on their phones. Looked fun.

My podcast is not a moneymaker, but to be totally honest I haven't even tried to monetize it. I've been approached about advertising on the show from some local brands but that's not my focus at this time.

I'm sure there are some local companies who may be interested in partnering with you - maybe a local independent sporting goods store or baseball card shop. You'd probably have more luck landing a local sponsor if your ask isn't for cash, but rather for steeply discounted / free merchandise (a new pair of sneakers every 3 months for Joe, a box of baseball cards each month, etc.). Choose a partner you believe in, not just the first business that offers you something for free. Also, I don't know Joe, but at 7 I would have been much more motivated to continue the podcast if I was getting something cool out of it rather than just money.

For me, I've always admired entrepreneurs so I am using my podcast as a way to educate myself and learn directly from those entrepreneurs who are actually doing it, while at the same time sharing their insights in the form of a podcast with whoever else cares to listen on the other end. I have made some nice relationships through the podcast and gotten free food, which is always nice!

Great ideas. Tell me about the new studio?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom