Fast Break Preview Show: Who should be the next retired number and UConn vs Seaton Hall breakdown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fast Break Preview Show: Who should be the next retired number and UConn vs Seaton Hall breakdown

Reaction Score
I think there are two players who were on scholarship that won two titles. Bazz and Olander. Bazz carried us to one and played a significant role in the other. This is not about what they did in the nba it is about what they meant to our program. I would be fine with retiring Mek first since it has been longer. He was a role model graduated in a real three years and was dominant for two years. Bazz and Kemba I think should be retired after that. First Kemba then Bazz. But I really am surprised how little love Bazz seems to get on the BY. I mean every game in that tournament it became clearer and clearer he was not going to let us lose. He made everyone on that team better for those six games. I am taking nothing away from any other player but Ollie predicted it was going to happen and I will not believe anyone who took that prediction serious and we went out and did exactly what his coach said they would. At the time that was pretty cool stuff. My wife was toward the end of a difficult pregnancy youngest was born about a month after we won the chip. But I remember those three weeks very well. Those games and what he did helped me get through one of the hardest periods in my life so maybe I am biased.
I am not positive but I believe that Nils Giffey also won two titles.

Reaction Score
As a Yankees fan, please don't go down this road. It cheapens the whole thing.

Reaction Score
I'm not a huge fan of the retired number thing. But if we must, retired numbers should be for the ultra elite or program builders... In my mind, these guys:

00 for Cliffy - our first pro "star" under JC
13 for Smitty - our all-time leading scorer and arguably our most important recruit ever
42 for Donyell - our first all-american under JC
34 for Ray - star and our first HOF'er
32 for Rip - star, brought us a title, and an NBA all-star
50 for Emeka - star and all around perfect human who brought us a title
15 for Kemba - all-american who brought us a title
13 for Bazz - all-american and part of two nattys

That's not a slight on the myriad of other great players we've had. As a Yankee fan, I've become annoyed with their propensity to retire every number and give a plaque to any player who had success. I'm waiting for Melido Perez day at this juncture.

Reaction Score
I'm not a huge fan of the retired number thing. But if we must, retired numbers should be for the ultra elite or program builders... In my mind, these guys:

00 for Cliffy - our first pro "star" under JC
13 for Smitty - our all-time leading scorer and arguably our most important recruit ever
42 for Donyell - our first all-american under JC
34 for Ray - star and our first HOF'er
32 for Rip - star, brought us a title, and an NBA all-star
50 for Emeka - star and all around perfect human who brought us a title
15 for Kemba - all-american who brought us a title
13 for Bazz - all-american and part of two nattys

That's not a slight on the myriad of other great players we've had. As a Yankee fan, I've become annoyed with their propensity to retire every number and give a plaque to any player who had success. I'm waiting for Melido Perez day at this juncture.
Gotta add Gordon imo but otherwise agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom