Farewell blue unis. See you in the fall!! | The Boneyard

Farewell blue unis. See you in the fall!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Unless they've changed things, if equally seeded teams meet in the final four, a coin flip decides home/road uniforms. In 1999 Duke was overall #1 but we wore white.

Fun fact, in all five of our national championship games we wore home uniforms.

Reaction Score
Unless they've changed things, if equally seeded teams meet in the final four, a coin flip decides home/road uniforms. In 1999 Duke was overall #1 but we wore white.

Correct, but what was the side panel on the trunks? HUSKIES, old husky logo or new husky/wolf logo? I do prefer the old dog.

Reaction Score
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Why? If they're wearing blue it's only because they're in the championship game. But at this point wearing blue in the championship game is out of their hands so no lack of faith in the Huskies. I'm saying they're in the championship game. Understand?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Have they changed that? Back in 1999 they didn't announce every seeding so nobody knew if a team was the overall #1 seed or overall #2 seeded team. So that was the only fair way to do it. Would they still do coin flips today?

Reaction Score

Much funner fact is we won all 5 of those games.

Last year we wore our "Connecticut" throwbacks all tourney (except Gonzaga when we wore blue as the lower seed). Will we stick with the current "UCONN" white unis this time? We did go undefeated at home this year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Have they changed that? Back in 1999 they didn't announce every seeding so nobody knew if a team was the overall #1 seed or overall #2 seeded team. So that was the only fair way to do it. Would they still do coin flips today?
I do remember Duke being announced as the overall number one (the only current verification of that I could find with a quick search was wikipedia, which I wouldn't stake too much on but I'll continue to look).

I do remember a few talking heads griping during that tournament that if all four one seeds made it one should face four, with two facing three but as the setup was fixed by region, the third one seed (Michigan St) was aligned to play Duke.

Reaction Score

Last year we wore our "Connecticut" throwbacks all tourney (except Gonzaga when we wore blue as the lower seed). Will we stick with the current "UCONN" white unis this time? We did go undefeated at home this year.
We’re undefeated with CONNECTICUT this year too, no?

After last year gotta ride with the throwbacks.

Reaction Score
I do remember Duke being announced as the overall number one (the only current verification of that I could find with a quick search was wikipedia, which I wouldn't stake too much on but I'll continue to look).
Could be true but I don't remember that. So what if UConn had played Michigan State in the final? Would they have flipped a coin? In 2012 the selection committee started releasing the No. 1 to 68 true seed list after announcing the bracket. Did they announce just the overall 1 seed back in 1999?

Reaction Score
Why? If they're wearing blue it's only because they're in the championship game. But at this point wearing blue in the championship game is out of their hands so no lack of faith in the Huskies. I'm saying they're in the championship game. Understand?
I was kidding but i do like your point. I got dunked on. Well played sir. lol!

Reaction Score

We do whatever is close to last year. You know Hurley. BET. Different story. Even though it’s white each game.

Reaction Score
Could be true but I don't remember that. So what if UConn had played Michigan State in the final? Would they have flipped a coin? In 2012 the selection committee started releasing the No. 1 to 68 true seed list after announcing the bracket. Did they announce just the overall 1 seed back in 1999?

I think they flipped a coin back then between the 1 seeds in the FF each round. Overall ranking didn't matter. Duke also wore blue against Mich St.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom