Fantastic CFB game TN vs Alabama | The Boneyard

Fantastic CFB game TN vs Alabama

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not a CFB in general but this game is being played at an incredibly high level. In particular, the QB's are playing at an elite level.

42-42 with 8+ minutes left in Q4

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
3 seconds after posting, TN with a humungous blunder. Loses possession and an Alabama TD. I should have guessed a TN team would have a mindless TO at a critical juncture. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
TN wins 52-49 on the nuttiest pair of FG attempts. Alabama misses a 50 yarder right with 30+ seconds. TN Quarterback with 2 stupendous throws to get in field goal position for a 40 yard FGA. Kicker hits a knuckle ball that must have cleared the cross bar by inches.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
TN wins 52-49 on the nuttiest pair of FG attempts. Alabama misses a 50 yarder right with 30+ seconds. TN Quarterback with 2 stupendous throws to get in field goal position for a 40 yard FGA. Kicker hits a knuckle ball that must have cleared the cross bar by inches.
Wow! You are right! 103 inches to be exact. ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Been a football only Vols fan since spending 7 years in Knoxville ending in 1993. The best, best, best Vols win I've ever seen. Also a Giants fan. Football karma is finally breaking my way. It's good to be out of the wilderness.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Been a football only Vols fan since spending 7 years in Knoxville ending in 1993. The best, best, best Vols win I've ever seen. Also a Giants fan. Football karma is finally breaking my way. It's good to be out of the wilderness.
Ends a 15 game losing streak to Alabama in Knoxville I think they had said.

I am a Giants fan also but I am not convinced the Daboll pixie dust will continue :oops:

Reaction Score
Ends a 15 game losing streak to Alabama in Knoxville I think they had said.

I am a Giants fan also but I am not convinced the Daboll pixie dust will continue :oops:
You may be right eebmg. After umpteen seasons wondering if four wins in the season was too optimistic I'm embracing pixie dust.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I had never heard of the TN quarterback Hooker before. Unlike Bryce Young who was anointed Heisman and top draft etc. It seems Hooker is in Youngs class. Basically outdueled Bryce. Is he a top prospect? Was he before this game?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Those Vols fans were out in droves today. As the camera spanned the stadium on several occasions, I didn’t see any empty seats. I said the team that had the ball last would win. Can UConn football ever reach that plateau? :eek:

Reaction Score
I had never heard of the TN quarterback Hooker before. Unlike Bryce Young who was anointed Heisman and top draft etc. It seems Hooker is in Youngs class. Basically outdueled Bryce. Is he a top prospect? Was he before this game?
Hooker transferred in from Virginia Tech with two years of eligibility left, this year being his last. His VT stats are pretty good tho I hadn't heard of him until he transferred. Media and fans were high on him when the transfer was announced and he had a good season last year. This year he has justed killed and he is projected as an early QB selection in next year's NFL draft. Is he as good as Young? I think so, or at least about the same. The kid isn't a flash in the pan.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Hooker is from my city. His father was a legendary QB on the I-AA level here at NC A&T. Basically he was groomed to be a QB. Followed him in high school career.. saw him a few times in person and on TV, he was a man among boys on the field. SIgned with Virginia Tech... didn't play his first two seasons... started most of the next two seasons with good results (season 1, mixed season 2).. graduated then transferred to TN with two years of eligibility.

Had a great year last year threw for 31 TDs vs only 3 int, yet still overshadowed a bit on the national level. He wasn't a top NFL prospect at the beginning of the year. The biggest knock on him is his age. He will be 25 when the NFL draft is held in the Spring. I think the NFL can find a place for a 6'4 225lb guy with a good arm, great athlete, smart decision maker, someone who can play in the pocket as well as kill you with his legs. I'd love to have him on the Panthers.

I'm sure that's a lot more than you wanted to know. :p

Reaction Score
I did not watch the Tennessee Alabama game because it was impossible for both teams to lose. However, if you didn’t catch the USC Utah game it was also quite a game. I don’t ever remember seeing a stadium as complete bedlam for such an extended period of time as this one. 43-42.

Reaction Score
I only followed intermittently on the game tracker. In any case, are the defenses this porous or are the offenses just off the charts?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Caught the very end of the game. Alabama had the ball 1st and 10 at the Tennessee 32 with 30 seconds left in the game, ran 3 plays, attempted a FG and still managed to lose the game in regulation. That is hard to do.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I did not watch the Tennessee Alabama game because it was impossible for both teams to lose. However, if you didn’t catch the USC Utah game it was also quite a game. I don’t ever remember seeing a stadium as complete bedlam for such an extended period of time as this one. 43-42.

Neyland Stadium was also complete bedlam pretty much the whole game, add about 50,000 people to the mix. Insane picture.

20221016_054321.jpg

Reaction Score
I only followed intermittently on the game tracker. In any case, are the defenses this porous or are the offenses just off the charts?
It's hard to call their defenses porous vs a comparison of other teams considering one of the teams is Alabama. The top SEC schools that can beat Alabama it's hard to say they are porous at an entire half-side of the football considering both teams were about top 6.

Reaction Score
It's hard to call their defenses porous vs a comparison of other teams considering one of the teams is Alabama. The top SEC schools that can beat Alabama it's hard to say they are porous at an entire half-side of the football considering both teams were about top 6.
Thanks. I'm clueless as I haven't been watching CFB closely this season. Just from the viewing the game via tracker it seemed as if neither defense could make a stop. That's a lot of points!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I guess it was too much to ask for Tennessee to lose to Alabama every year for the rest of my life.

This was the most points given up by Alabama in a game since 1907. Bama just isn't a great team this year. They were lucky to beat UT and TAMU and yesterday their luck ran out. Hard to be lucky when you keep shooting yourself in the foot with penalties and dumb mistakes.

Reaction Score
I was replacing a broken trigger switch on my wife's Dyson vacuum watching the game with one eye. It was quite the game. The darn thing took me two hours to replace.

Interesting story about the people of Tennessee and Alabama. One of my son's is a software engineer for a large defense corporation in Huntsville, AL (yes he went to Alabama). We go down there a couple of times a year. The easiest/quickest way to get there is fly nonstop into Nashville, then drive 1:45. Normally we take I-65 south, then another highway east. I noticed on a map there was a back roads highway, Rt. 53 that went diagonal and seemed more direct. So I take the last Tennessee exit off Rt 65 at the town of Ardmore, TN/AL. Many times in a new or strange place I will buy a Power Ball or Mega Millions ticket just for the heck of it. I pull off to the right at a gas station/convenience store. No lottery tickets. "This is Alabama sir, no lottery tickets. Y'all have to go across the street to Tennessee." I inquire about the large amount of Alabama shirts, hats and everything under the sun for sale in this small store. "Roll Tide sir, Y'all are in Alabama." So I go across the street to the north side of Rt 53 to a similar convenience store to play the lottery. This store is wall to wall orange Tennessee gear. I get my tickets and ask about the state boarder. "That street right there is the state border. North of it is in Tennessee, south is Alabama." The whole thing is a little bit twilight zone. The boundaries are drawn. I later learned they are two separate towns of Ardmore, one in each state. So yesterday, for the first time in a long time, the day belonged to the good people of Ardmore, TN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom