Facts with Clingan Back | The Boneyard

Facts with Clingan Back

Reaction Score
I posted most of this in another thread but either I'm the only one impressed by these stats or the thread had no traffic, or somebody else has posted the info that I missed.

Misc factoids from articles I have seen:
Xavier shot 3 for 23 from 2pt land with Clingan in the game.
In the full game Xavier shot 4-14 from 1-3ft from the basket
Clingan was in for 35 defensive possessions and gave up 12 pts total = .34pts per possession
UConn is 3rd in the country in 10-0 'kill' runs moving up from #17 in 2 games with 7 kill runs
UConn line up of Castle, Clingan, Karaban, Spencer, Newton is outscoring opposition by +62 points per 100 possessions
That is the #1 efficiency lineup in the country
17 threes, but I believe from 10 different players making a 3, is an ncaa record according to one article
Whether its setting pick assists per announcer, or drawing the defense low, Donovan helps those 3's too

FYI Entering Tuesday, Top 10 teams were just 23-29 on the road against unranked teams and NCarolina lost last night vs GTech.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn is 3rd in the country in 10-0 'kill' runs moving up from #17 in 2 games with 7 kill runs
This is wild. 7 in 2 games is nuts.
We had a 20-0 run against X. Is that credited as 2?

Reaction Score
Yeah, this is pretty easy. We were close to as good as any team in the country with DC playing but not healthy and with him out. With him back and looking like he has last year’s mobility again, this is the best team in the country for as long as it stays healthy. That doesn’t mean we will repeat as champion — in the NCAA tournament, the best team usually doesn’t win — but it certainly means we should win the damn conference regular season championship and be playing in Brooklyn and Boston.

Reaction Score
I like the sound of “Kill Run”! What does it mean?!
My interpretation is that many teams refer to getting 3(?) consecutive defensive stops as a 'kill', a 10-0 run implies that not only did you stop the opponent 3 consecutive times, but you were scoring as well, hence 'kill run'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom