ex-Terps coach Randy Edsall created negative environment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ex-Terps coach Randy Edsall created negative environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Golly Gee Batman how dare you bring truth and logic into arguments about sports! Right, Edsal failed just like the Edsel car, Lots of promise but nothing when the tires hit the road.
I'm pretty sure Ford is bringing the Edsall back lol. Or at least attempting to.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wonder if some current UCONN players felt the same way about RE
Did any UConn players punch an opponent and RE benched them. Let’s keep it real. The guy is gone. Stop trying to pile it on. I’m sure some UConn players didn’t like him but for the same reason?

Reaction Score
He created a negative environment in his first go round when he left after the bowl game and not telling the players for his(Dream Job) in Maryland and how did that dream work out? When i heard he was brought back i wanted to retch aafter the stunt he pulled before and tried his mia culpa that it was the biggest mistake he ever made, I would interject that he failed miserably in Maryland and came crying back to UCONN. If he created a negative environment we can all point to the negative environment he put us in for so many years way back when.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaction Score
Did any UConn players punch an opponent and RE benched them. Let’s keep it real. The guy is gone. Stop trying to pile it on. I’m sure some UConn players didn’t like him but for the same reason?
I don't understand your comment. The player made allegations that RE was racially insensitive and brought with him a negative aura. I was wondering if this was solely this player's opinion or if current UCONN players felt the same way.

It's a very reasonable question to ask in my opinion.

Like you said, it could easily be a player not accepting acceptability and wanting to blame RE, but if other players have to same view of RE we can easily see why the last few years were so awful.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Lmao shocker. Just an absolute shocker

What a toolbag that guy is

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I believe Edsall benched a guy and it is certainly feasible that the guy didn’t get much time again, but I absolutely don’t by the racist accusation. That to me sounds like a complete fabrication, or a re-interpretation of what actually happened.
I know the above is always been the kneejerk response when a charge of racism is made. We don't know. I have found that there is usually at least a grain of truth to these things. HCRE's main defense here is that he has always treated his help players with a lack of respect.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't care and if I did, I think we have a better handle on what Randy was and wasn't in terms of a coach. I don't need to hear from guys he inherited for a few years.

Reaction Score
I know the above is always been the kneejerk response when a charge of racism is made. We don't know. I have found that there is usually at least a grain of truth to these things. HCRE's main defense here is that he has always treated his help players with a lack of respect.

I don’t see anything racist. I do see a jerk. I think he was insinuating that African American Studies is a soft subject like Music 101 or History of Video Games. I mean it’s not Chemistry or Mandarin Chinese.

He’s just an awkward jerk who would always rather lose than be proven wrong.

I look back at the Jasper Howard thing and that was the last time I saw the guy I admired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom