Evina Westbrook would be perfect | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook would be perfect

Reaction Score
I think she would get paid more as a UConn assistant coach than she would in the WNBA.
There are guys picking orders in a WalMart distribution center who make as much as a WNBA rookie and they have more job security.

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken Evina was predicted to go as high as #5 in the draft, Why would she give up playing to coach at this early stage? She has a good career ahead of her.
She has already given up the chance to go #5 in this year's draft, even though it is likely that she would go much lower next year. This suggests that playing professional basketball may not be her highest priority. It is also a fact that her surgically repaired knees might not be up to the task.

Reaction Score
Why not hold a poll to nominate someone from the Boneyard ?
It might be difficult to take the demotion; to have to take orders from somebody not as knowledgable about basketball. Money, sure, but to lose all the prestige associated with straightening Geno out on his errors and deficiencies ... I don't see it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ummm, what exactly are the qualifications to be a graduate assistant? Do you think that Evina is less qualified than, say, Chloe Pavlech, who did a fine job according to Geno. And what are the qualifications to start a career as an assistant coach? Do you think that Evina is less qualified than Caroline Doty? (I personally don't see much carryover from her experience in the business world to the basketball court.) Or than Morgan Valley when she took her first assistant job at Holy Cross? Or than Jamelle when she became an assistant at UConn? Or than Shea Ralph when she took her first assistant job at Pittsburgh?
Evina is not qualified to be a graduate assistant because she has not done that thing called GRADUATE.
The criteria is not the start of a career it is qualified to replace Shea. Evina is not qualified.

Reaction Score
Evina is not qualified to be a graduate assistant because she has not done that thing called GRADUATE.
The criteria is not the start of a career it is qualified to replace Shea. Evina is not qualified.
Let's just agree to disagree. Geno has 40 years of college coaching experience; Chris has 39; Jamelle has 23 (counting her AD experience); Shea has 18. Under the circumstances, I don't think it is necessary to hire someone with Shea's level of experience. Nor is it wise, for several reasons that have already been expressed. That is my opinion. I do not expect you to agree with it. I don't even expect you to respect it, which is why I am done with this colloquy.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let's just agree to disagree. Geno has 40 years of college coaching experience; Chris has 39; Jamelle has 23 (counting her AD experience); Shea has 18. Under the circumstances, I don't think it is necessary to hire someone with Shea's level of experience. Nor is it wise, for several reasons that have already been expressed. That is my opinion. I do not expect you to agree with it. I don't even expect you to respect it, which is why I am done with this colloquy.
Did you happen to look at the job posting for Shea's replacement?

Reaction Score
Did you happen to look at the job posting for Shea's replacement?

If UConn doesn't hold out for the preferred qualifications they could probably slip Mrs. Jeter in there. ;) Unless GA had the job posting written up for a specific person. And that wouldn't be unusual in these type of dealings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom