Everything cool with Big Red? | The Boneyard

Everything cool with Big Red?

Reaction Score
I sincerely hope everything is OK, and I apologize if I should be minding my business, but I've been to the early season XL games and we are missing our man in the stands. Only one guy can lead that famous U C O N N cheer which gets the whole place rockin! Hope to see you big fella.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By chance, I've ridden the train to and from NYC for the Big East Tourney with Big Red back in the 80's and had Gampel season tickets next to Big Red. He was always a good guy and loved that my young son (at the time) was attending games.

Hope he is ok and back in the stands soon.

Reaction Score
I sincerely hope everything is OK, and I apologize if I should be minding my business, but I've been to the early season XL games and we are missing our man in the stands. Only one guy can lead that famous U C O N N cheer which gets the whole place rockin! Hope to see you big fella.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
He was at an XL game this year

Reaction Score
Maybe @8893 and Big Red are the same person.

Reaction Score
He was at the UNCW game and did the chant once. He usually only does it for significant games, or a hype scenario like a big block,3 pointer, then TO for the other team.

Reaction Score
was gonna say maybe they're both in antarctica
I'm thinking there's a connection to the Phil Knight Book Promotion as well. 8893 got too close. He's either working with Big Red or he's actually Big Red. Anyways, they/he got too close. Had to go underground. For the good of the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Big Red is still a big fan and will still be cheering. There just no nee at the point on the games they had at home. The reason for the post is that I will never put down a team who is getting beat badly when I know that they (visiting teams) are trying there best. But there are times when out of respect for what the Huskies accomplish we should honor their hard work so as fans we do the U-C-O-N-N, UCONN UCONN UCONN so I just hope that the cheer stays alive for as long as I can

Reaction Score
Big Red is still a big fan and will still be cheering. There just no nee at the point on the games they had at home. The reason for the post is that I will never put down a team who is getting beat badly when I know that they (visiting teams) are trying there best. But there are times when out of respect for what the Huskies accomplish we should honor their hard work so as fans we do the U-C-O-N-N, UCONN UCONN UCONN so I just hope that the cheer stays alive for as long as I can

Need to designate an heir apparent for when (in many, many years!) you can't go to games any more. Ideally another large, red-haired superfan. Or maybe blue/white guy?

temery

What?
Reaction Score

^^^^^^^^
45DEFF03-FA23-4D51-9188-78DE5D75CA95.png

Reaction Score
What happened to 8893? Did Phil Knight's book peddling goons get to him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom