Even Though Most Hate the AAC | The Boneyard

Even Though Most Hate the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well written. The first rumblings of anarchy I hope.

Problem is we're locked into dead-end Bowl affiliations. So unless we are extremely strong at the top and maneuver one or more teams into major Bowls, the AAC conversation ends after our CC game. We need our top dogs to keep rolling.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It has become a very good football conference this year. The basketball conference not so much.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If there was a conference that had three undefeated teams and one one loss team after 8 weeks and on the 9th week one of those teams lost to a legit top 10 team on a last-minute TD, you'd be hearing about it non-stop.

I realize they haven't played each other yet, but if the strength of the conference is set in the OOC season, then the AAC has better wins than a lot of others.

No way the two remaining undefeated should be ranked below 2 loss teams. They should at least be near Iowa at 10/11.

Reaction Score
Regarding basketball, Memphis made it to the championship game in 2008 as a member of C-USA. But for the football side to come up big is enormous for those of us in this conference.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
A huge positive step for the AAC was Temple lost and is still in the Top 25, moving down only one or two spots.

I admit that I'm surprised about this. I thought for sure that Temple would drop well into the 30s. Hopefully the loser of these big AAC games between the heavyweights that are right around the corner won't drop too far either.

Reaction Score
The sport has little credibility to begin with but there would be no way to take it seriously at all if Temple dropped out of the top 25 having played #9 ND toe to toe for an entire game.

I still would have loved to have found out how that game would have turned out if the refs put their flags away and let the players decide the final drive.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I like the AAC. That was the best article I've ever seen written about us.

The key takeaway from this year is that we've achieved separation from the G4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom