Evan Miyakawa: Likelihood to Advance in the NCAAT graph | The Boneyard

Evan Miyakawa: Likelihood to Advance in the NCAAT graph

Reaction Score
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
None of this surprises me except maybe Auburn.

Reaction Score
We're almost off the chart! Doomed! I wonder how much the Marquette beatdown affected this.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Auburn is a surprise. Broome's a nice player but they don't have a point and the guy with the most 3pt attempts by far is shooting at a 31% clip

Reaction Score
Auburn? I thought that was Arizona.
They are both in the green.

There's a solid group in the middle of the graph which I imagine will each win a couple of games, but then I was like, what the H is sparty doing there? UConn was exactly where I expected.

As someone else asked, what exactly is the X axis

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Does he put out another chart after the conference tourneys?
Can we find his final chart for last season?

Reaction Score
Does he put out another chart after the conference tourneys?
Can we find his final chart for last season?
This is a new rating system from him, so he didn't publish any similar chart last year. Sounds like he's going to go back retroactively and show the data on the Monday after Selection Sunday, though. It must be pretty predictive if he's essentially making a marketing push out of it.

Last year his normal ratings were quite high on us, just like KenPom et al were.

Reaction Score
He’s penalizing Houston for underperforming against elite teams but not Duke? UH will win at least a share of the strongest conference in the country but the Murderers’ Row of Clemson, Wake, and UVA are now more elite I guess?

Reaction Score
Auburn has been a kenpom darling all year but I don’t see it. Currently 6th but they only have 2 good wins against Bama and South Carolina and they aren’t great wins

Reaction Score
He’s penalizing Houston for underperforming against elite teams but not Duke? UH will win at least a share of the strongest conference in the country but the Murderers’ Row of Clemson, Wake, and UVA are now more elite I guess?
It's about their performance in games against elite teams, not judging how elite their wins are.

Reaction Score
I can’t stand the Little10, but Sparty has the talent. For whatever reason they’ve struggled this season, but they’ve got Izzo and would be a very tough out in the tournament. They’ve got the size, athleticism, and guards to do damage. They’d be my pick out of that conference to go on a run…I’ll believe Purdue when I see it

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I can’t stand the Little10, but Sparty has the talent. For whatever reason they’ve struggled this season, but they’ve got Izzo and would be a very tough out in the tournament. They’ve got the size, athleticism, and guards to do damage. They’d be my pick out of that conference to go on a run…I’ll believe Purdue when I see it
Agreed. I keep seeing them in our 8/9 and game I don’t really want any part of them that soon in the tourney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I did go back and listen to a podcast he did prior to the 2023 tourney - and he leaned heavily into UConn, citing either injuries or turmoil (i.e. Brandon Miller) for other teams as distractions. Interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom