2020 Recruiting: - Evan Cole - Ga. Tech | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Evan Cole - Ga. Tech

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
6'10" 230 F out of GT, true stretch 4, good athlete, seems like he has a good stroke. Grad transfer w/ one year, immediately eligible. Seems like a good player that didn't a lot of run. Take a look.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
11 schools listed, how long was his list before he cut it down

Reaction Score
Tells you a lot about highlights. Kid looks like a player, nice stroke from 3 for a big guy.

He averaged 12.6 minutes a game last year 4.4/3.2 not bad for the minutes actually. But 47% overall and 19% from 3. Have to say he looks better than those numbers but there's a reason he hasn't averaged at least 20 minutes a game while at Tech. Maybe he can't guard a chair who knows but something is wrong.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have no clue about this guy and I have no problem with taking transfers, it will only become a bigger part of the game going forward. Philosophically, I would lean toward taking a player pretty much fully formed at a position of need like we did with Cole. Don't we have enough guys on the roster to develop now? Why bring in another project?

Reaction Score
I have no clue about this guy and I have no problem with taking transfers, it will only become a bigger part of the game going forward. Philosophically, I would lean toward taking a player pretty much fully formed at a position of need like we did with Cole. Don't we have enough guys on the roster to develop now? Why bring in another project?
Hard to be a project when you only have 1 year left! Lol And who knows when the kids can get to campus and start training again, which further would inhibit the development of a player who only has 1 year left.

I do wonder what that will do to the development of guys like Gaffney, who need to work on their game. A lost offseason is not what UConn needs right now. Probably another argument for a different thread.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hard to be a project when you only have 1 year left
Proves I have no clue about this guy! I just did a quick look at his numbers and assumed. I guess he would be better than an open schollie.

Reaction Score
Tells you a lot about highlights. Kid looks like a player, nice stroke from 3 for a big guy.

He averaged 12.6 minutes a game last year 4.4/3.2 not bad for the minutes actually. But 47% overall and 19% from 3. Have to say he looks better than those numbers but there's a reason he hasn't averaged at least 20 minutes a game while at Tech. Maybe he can't guard a chair who knows but something is wrong.

"but something is wrong"
Josh Pastner?

Reaction Score
Hard to be a project when you only have 1 year left! Lol And who knows when the kids can get to campus and start training again, which further would inhibit the development of a player who only has 1 year left.

I do wonder what that will do to the development of guys like Gaffney, who need to work on their game. A lost offseason is not what UConn needs right now. Probably another argument for a different thread.

Good news is many others needed this time to improve also all over the Big East and college basketball. We aren't alone but for sure on Jalen, he needs a jump going in to September.

Reaction Score
He cut his list 3 weeks ago without UConn. No need to worry about taking this "project"

Reaction Score

With ZERO returning players over 6'6 and 80% of their scoring gone, looks like Cole went with the "most minutes available" route with his choice.

Tough first year for Mark Madsen after Mark Pope left for BYU and looks like it'll be an even tougher year this year for Utah Valley in the WAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom