OT: - EuroLeauge Basketball/Shabazz | The Boneyard

OT: EuroLeauge Basketball/Shabazz

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
A little history on Red Star Belgrade. During the early 90s they were arguably the best soccer team in Europe. In a match in the Yugoslav league with Dinamo Zagreb in 1989/90 a riot broke out that some say started the Croatian War of Independence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinamo–Red_Star_riot

When your fanbase starts a literal war, you know they are insane.

Reaction Score
The guys' Euroleague have pretty conservative uni's. This is a screen shot from Dorka Juhasz's Euroleague video..
Screenshot 2023-10-05 210428.jpg

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Gotta be an incredible atmosphere to play hoops in, Shabazz had 21pts and the games are on demand if you're subscribed to ESPN+

I went to a Crvena game when I lived in Belgrade. Absolutely the loudest event I have ever attended...and the scariest. The stadium was so full that people were sitting on the stairs, flares were being set off -if there was ever a fire thousands of people would have died. We were lucky and had court side seats.

Reaction Score
It did come down one night. Oh you meant during the game. :)
That did cross my mind as that was a fairly recent event
I believe it was was in 1978-79
We had a lot of snow and had played UMass in front of a decent crowd earlier that night but it collapsed at 2:00AM so it really could have been a huge disaster
The ironic part about that was when they were forced to play in New Haven our UConn game group formed and continued until health issues for some broke us up . I think my son AZHuskie was 9-10 when he started tagging along and eventually became our driver and group member through college. Those were great memories the transition is still difficult to grasp

Reaction Score
Bazz's shooting motion looks different from his UConn/NBA days, much quicker. He was only in Portland for a year but it's striking how much his form/motion looks like Dame's.

Reaction Score
Kemba still weeks away from making his debut, hope his knees hold up but I don't have high hopes.

Reaction Score
He should've gotten way more play in the NBA.
I don't get that and never will

Part of making the league is just luck with the business side of things. Through no fault of his own, that didn't work outnfor 'Bazz. At the end of the day, there's a lot if guards with his skillset in the league, and they came younger/cheaper.

Reaction Score
I remember Nikola Jokic basically saying that the crowds at games in the US are NOTHING compared to the crowds in Serbia.

caw

Reaction Score
I remember Nikola Jokic basically saying that the crowds at games in the US are NOTHING compared to the crowds in Serbia.

He's right, though some college games can get that rowdy.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
t
He was there for 2 years- 2016-2018. Also had that iconic coffee commercial made about him.

they traded him to get that thing off the air, lol.
Wait, that's my ring tone.

Reaction Score
A little history on Red Star Belgrade. During the early 90s they were arguably the best soccer team in Europe. In a match in the Yugoslav league with Dinamo Zagreb in 1989/90 a riot broke out that some say started the Croatian War of Independence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinamo–Red_Star_riot

When your fanbase starts a literal war, you know they are insane.
On the other hand Dinamo Ultras murder opposing fans and march on opposing cities in, well, disgusting fashion:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom