ESPYs | The Boneyard

ESPYs

Reaction Score
I promised not to watch a minute once they announced Ohtani as MLB Player of the Year over Judge for ‘22 and I didn’t. But I did see a highlight or 2 after in error and I’m amazed. Had to get LeBron on somehow huh? And the fact he thought he surprised anyone with his announcement he’s coming back is laughable. But to begin it by saying “Lucky for you….” LOL

He’s just an unlikeable athlete unless you’re a LeBron lover.

I will say the Bills training and medical staff deserved the attention though. But he thought the night was his as usual.

Reaction Score
I promised not to watch a minute once they announced Ohtani as MLB Player of the Year over Judge for ‘22 and I didn’t. But I did see a highlight or 2 after in error and I’m amazed. Had to get LeBron on somehow huh? And the fact he thought he surprised anyone with his announcement he’s coming back is laughable. But to begin it by saying “Lucky for you….” LOL

I will say the Bills training and medical staff deserved the attention though. But he thought the night was his as usual.
Last time the Espys were any good were when Norm McDonald hosted them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I don't think I've ever watched the ESPY's but Ohtani over Judge is an easy call and the correct call. Gotta be a Yankee sycophant to think otherwise.

Ohtani is the greatest and most accomplished player you will see in your lifetime. Enjoy it.

Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever watched the ESPY's but Ohtani over Judge is an easy call and the correct call. Gotta be a Yankee sycophant to think otherwise.

Ohtani is the greatest and most accomplished player you will see in your lifetime. Enjoy it.
That’s a different conversation. Judge hit 62 hrs leading his team to the playoffs, in a lineup of .200 hitters. It’s a stupid ESPY award based off a general fan vote so who really cares.

Reaction Score

It’s not close for last year check the numbers don’t care that he pitches. You have to have no respect for the game to think Ohtani had a better year. His numbers were dramatically better offensively not close in ANY category. He plays the field and plays it really well. The other guy, who is the best player this year, pitches every 5-6 days and spends the rest in the dugout.

Not close if you like the game and don’t just read the crap. Kids having a great year this year but last year Judge had him by almost 40 in every category, again not close for ‘22.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s not close for last year check the numbers don’t care that he pitches. You have to have no respect for the game to think Ohtani had a better year. His numbers were dramatically better offensively not close in ANY category. He plays the field and plays it really well. The other guy, who is the best player this year, pitches every 5-6 days and spends the rest in the dugout.

Not close if you like the game and don’t just read the crap. Kids having a great year this year but last year Judge had him by almost 40 in every category, again not close for ‘22.

You lost all credibility with "don't care that he pitches" comment.

Reaction Score

You're trying to lose this argument in multiple threads.

Reaction Score
You lost all credibility with "don't care that he pitches" comment.

I only mean for the comparison of last year. I mean he’s an amazing player.

But he wasn’t the best baseball player last year and it actually wasn’t that close.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I only mean for the comparison of last year. I mean he’s an amazing player.

But he wasn’t the best baseball player last year and it actually wasn’t that close.

You're right.

Ohtani had a season that none of the 8 billion people living on this earth has ever seen. Judge had a really good hitting season.

Maybe if Judge won a gold glove to go with his hitting you'd have an argument.

The 62 HR's is historically great. And the OPS and numbers associated with the HR's are massive. But there's nothing special about a power hitter batting .311, and 131 RBI's are nice but nothing incredible. Hits, doubles and total bases aren't anything all of us fans haben seen many times.

This board is east coast focused and it's easy to see why fans on this board are biased towards Judge. Tue further we get from 2022 the less Judg's season will be part of baseball's history amd lore and the more Ohtani's accomplishments will be recognized.

You're arguing Jameer Nelson over Okafor and Jimmer over Kemba.

Reaction Score
You're right.

Ohtani had a season that none of the 8 billion people living on this earth has ever seen. Judge had a really good hitting season.

The 62 HR's is historically great. And the OPS and numbers associated with the HR's are massive. But there's nothing special about a power hitter batting .311, and 131 RBI's are nice but nothing incredible. Hits, doubles and total bases aren't anything all of us fans haben seen many times.

This board is east coast focused and it's easy to see why fans on this board are biased towards Judge. Tue further we get from 2022 the less Judg's season will be part of baseball's history amd lore and the more Ohtani's accomplishments will be recognized.

You’re just a koolaid chugger. Again not close and I’d say the same thing if it was Devers. Have you been watching the game? .311 with those crazy numbers is incredible in a day where .240/20/70 gets you millions. And he didn’t win the GG but if you watched he’s easily one of the best defensive of’ers in the game!

Reaction Score
You're right.

If Ohtani hit .300 and over 100 RBI you would argument and Judge carried his team to the division title btw. Judge won the award that mattered, no one cares about a stupid ESPY,

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You’re just a koolaid chugger. Again not close and I’d say the same thing if it was Devers. Have you been watching the game? .311 with those crazy numbers is incredible in a day where .240/20/70 gets you millions. And he didn’t win the GG but if you watched he’s easily one of the best defensive of’ers in the game!

You get worse and worse with each attempt.

Hitting .311 in today's environment is awesome by your accounts but you don't give Ohtani credit for 28 starts, a 15-9 record, 2.33 ERA amd over 20O K's.

The skill and preparation needed to be a rotation starter wipes out top prospects every season amd Ohtani takes it on as a side gig.

And I don't get the hype for Devers.

Reaction Score
You get worse and worse with each attempt.

Hitting .311 in today's environment is awesome by your accounts but you don't give Ohtani credit for 28 starts, a 15-9 record, 2.33 ERA amd over 20O K's.

The skill and preparation needed to be a rotation starter wipes out top prospects every season amd Ohtani takes it on as a side gig.

And I don't get the hype for Devers.

No hype on Devers you declared my reason for Judge being a better player was only because I’m a Yankee fan. If Devers hit 62 and .311 with 133 I would’ve said he had a better year than Ohtani. I’m just a baseball fan and Ohtani is starting to earn the hype this year no doubt. Pretty damn good last year but not Judge and they got the MVP right for sure. Which means you’re wrong!

I’m done your opinion is noted and I respectfully disagree.

Go Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom