espnW's Sweet 16 picks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

espnW's Sweet 16 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
UCONN over BYU (yea, you know)
NC over SC (IF its the NC team that plays good then it wont be too close)
Stanford over PSU (could be tight but the Cardinal prevail)
ND over Oklahoma State (wont be close)
Baylor over Kentucky (Sims revenge-wont be close)
Louisville over LSU (wont be close)

then...

Maryland over Tennessee (just because I cant pick Tennessee and their defense usually allows a prolific scorer to go crazy-see Diggins, McBride, either Ogwumike among others)

and the one I just cant pick is TAMU vs Depaul....I am going with TAMU but I could see Depaul winning. If Karla Gilbert gets into foul trouble I could see the Blue Demons doing the same thing they did to Duke.

One other thing to note::

This time last year in the Sweet Sixteen no one was expecting Louisville to beat #1 Baylor and we all know how that worked out. So with that said, its tournament time and ANYTHING can happen!

Add Thomas as she dropped 33 on them.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UConn over BYU
A&M over DePaul
NC over SC
Stanford over PSU
ND over Oklahoma St.
Baylor over Kentucky
Maryland over UT
Louisville over LSU

Picks and previews are always risky. Last year's S16 ESPN preview of the Bridgeport region featured a long and generally well thought out overview of the four teams with the correct picks being for UConn and KY, though the columnist would then pick KY to beat UConn in the E8. But what startled some BY posters was that of the dozen names mentioned in the preview, two who were absent were Breanna Stewart and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. They promptly went out and combined for 72 points in the two games in two crushing wins. Don't think they'll be ignored this year in any previews.
I don't want to toot my own horn here, but since I haven't come close on a UConn score prediction this year (or any other), I now just want to declare myself the Sybil of WCBB predictions and am extending an invitation to anyone who wants to invest in my Once-Every-Twenty-Years-Or-So investment fund while blaring the sax.

Double FF, here we come again. Thank you Dolly.

Reaction Score
UConn over BYU
DePaul over A&M
NC over SC
Stanford over PSU
ND over Oklahoma St.
Baylor over Kentucky
UT over Maryland
Louisville over LSU
I'm with you on all your picks except I see Alyssa Thomas coming up big and MD pulling out a close one, despite Meighan Simmons taking 39 shots...

I do want to toot my own horn here...

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I don't want to toot my own horn here, but since I haven't come close on a UConn score prediction this year (or any other), I now just want to declare myself the Sybil of WCBB predictions and am extending an invitation to anyone who wants to invest in my Once-Every-Twenty-Years-Or-So investment fund while blaring the sax.

Double FF, here we come again. Thank you Dolly.

Well played!

As for me, I'm personally delighted to have been wrong about UT-Maryland. The only game that was upsetting was DePaul-A&M. I can't remember when I've watched such a pathetic defensive performance as the one DePaul showcased. I lost count of the number of times A&M players simply drove 25-30 feet down the lane and not once did a DePaul player step in and take the charge. There were more olé's than at a bullfight.

Reaction Score
AMAZING!!
alg_koosman.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself... ;)
I've followed the Dodgers from the 1950's and rooted for the Amazing Mets because of Hodges. Gil Hodges should be in the baseball hall of fame.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
There is, it is just that Maryland's loss will come two days later.

MY personal distaste for the LV is trumped only by my personal distaste for Brenda. I just wish there were some way they could both lose.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I was talking to my brother (frodo on the Boneyard) and he tells me The-Boneyard group is now the top group on the ESPN women's challenge. Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom