ESPN Picks: POY, FOY, Final Four, etc. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Picks: POY, FOY, Final Four, etc.

Reaction Score
Well that will be the day that pigs fly!
They did play in a championship game not to long ago, and this team on paper has just about a much talent, but with more size.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
They did play in a championship game not to long ago, and this team on paper has just about a much talent, but with more size.

I’m not a particularly religious woman, but...

I’d like to think that Syracuse’s appearance in that championship game was the Good Lord/karma/the universe/whatever or whomever you’d like to credit righting a wrong.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this is the most correct thread for this. I think folks may be sleeping on Texas players a bit. Junior Charlie Collier had 25 points and 12 rebounds in only 19 minutes of play in the season opener. Fouls are her biggest weakness: 2 in the first quarter kept her off the floor for much of the first half of the game. Celeste Taylor was also fabulous. Her 24 points and 8 steals do not fully reveal how much she contributed to the Texas win. She scored most of her points while Collier was out of the game and during the same time appeared to be everywhere on defense. Taylor is a complete basketball player. I wonder if she is destined to be undervalued by media and general fans similar to the way that Ariel Atkins was. In the SMU game, Taylor scored when needed and left the shots for Collier when Collier was back on the floor. She does not seem to need to score for her own benefit. It will be great to see how players look when the competition gets a bit stiffer. "Bit" may them operative word for many teams including Texas with the reduced schedules. Tennessee and Texas A&M are the best competition Texas will face before conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom