ESPN Jeff Borzello - Article Is UConn a blue blood ? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ESPN Jeff Borzello - Article Is UConn a blue blood ?

Reaction Score
Danny just inked a 6 year, $32M contract in June. Squid only makes $4M year. He’s not going to Ky despite what their delusional fans believe. And for the reasons you mentioned.
Yeah its laughable but i must admit im a little concerned the Dook job could open up at some point.

Reaction Score
Danny just inked a 6 year, $32M contract in June. Squid only makes $4M year. He’s not going to Ky despite what their delusional fans believe. And for the reasons you mentioned.
Not sure where you got that but Squid makes considerably more than that. Over double.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Didn't know where else to put this (arguably worthy of it's own thread), but here seems like as good a place as any. I asked ChatGPT to tell us in a page who is the best college basketball program. Result was predictable:

"I don't have real-time information on the current status of men's college basketball teams. The landscape of college basketball can change rapidly due to ongoing seasons, tournaments, and other events. To determine the best team at this moment, it is essential to refer to the latest rankings, standings, and recent performances.

As of my last update, perennial powerhouses like Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Kansas have consistently been among the top teams in college basketball. However, the landscape of college basketball is highly competitive, and the "best" team can vary depending on individual preferences and the criteria used for evaluation.

Factors contributing to a team's greatness include their win-loss record, performance in key matchups, conference standings, player statistics, and overall team dynamics. Analyzing these elements can provide a comprehensive understanding of a team's prowess on the court.

Coaching plays a crucial role in the success of college basketball teams. Programs with experienced and skilled coaches often excel in developing players, implementing effective strategies, and fostering a winning culture."

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Can’t argue with much. I wonder if Nova would be tier B instead of C if Jay was still coaching?
Also, having us a tier above UCLA is a little much. UCLA isn't quite like Indiana. While they don't have a 21st century title yet, they have 4 Final Fours and a number of deep runs. They also have a far more recent title than Indiana (1995 vs. 1987).

Honestly, I'm okay with UCLA being on Tier B, but in that case I think we are as well. At least in an historic sense. If you're measuring what kids looking at current schools think, then I'd have to imagine we're Tier A...though let's not forget where we were perceived literally in November 2022. That most recent title really has put a shine on this program that I think will now last.

Reaction Score
Kansas board had a discussion about this. Consensus seemed to be "reapply when you have more wins from the pre-TV era and more Final Four losses."

Reaction Score
The whole thing about this argument is that you can't rewrite UConn's 3/4 of the 20th century.

I remember that after the won #5, one of the guys on ESPN (I can't recall if it was Bilas or not) said they can never be a traditional 'Blue Blood', but it was also was kind of stupid to think about them that way. He said Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana and NC were 'Blue Bloods' but you can also think of them as old money. They're like AT&T, McDonald's ...etc. And their is no doubt that UConn was a modern force and in the present, would you rather be AT&T or would you rather be TESLA. And that UConn may very well be on their way into turning into TESLA, Apple or Amazon. They're new money. Their brand is their currency, and their dollar is as strong as anyone else's.

Reaction Score
The whole thing about this argument is that you can't rewrite UConn's 3/4 of the 20th century.

I remember that after the won #5, one of the guys on ESPN (I can't recall if it was Bilas or not) said they can never be a traditional 'Blue Blood', but it was also was kind of stupid to think about them that way. He said Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana and NC were 'Blue Bloods' but you can also think of them as old money. They're like AT&T, McDonald's ...etc. And their is no doubt that UConn was a modern force and in the present, would you rather be AT&T or would you rather be TESLA. And that UConn may very well be on their way into turning into TESLA, Apple or Amazon. They're new money. Their brand is their currency, and their dollar is as strong as anyone else's.
Duke’s first title was 91, ours 99. I know they were in FF 4 before then, but they never won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom