ESPN commercial | The Boneyard

ESPN commercial

Reaction Score

It's weird that ESPN loves using UConn (mostly Jonathan) in their commercials, but they've done everything in their power the last 15 years to try to destroy us. They could get us into the B1G or ACC with one phone call if they wanted to. I wish our state government would start flexing it's muscles a bit and threaten to take away some of their massive tax credits (a 2013 article says they've received over $250M in tax breaks over the last 10 years...so imagine how big that number is now)

On the other hand, any free marketing is free marketing

Reaction Score
It's weird that ESPN loves using UConn (mostly Jonathan) in their commercials, but they've done everything in their power the last 15 years to try to destroy us. They could get us into the B1G or ACC with one phone call if they wanted to. I wish our state government would start flexing it's muscles a bit and threaten to take away some of their massive tax credits (a 2013 article says they've received over $250M in tax breaks over the last 10 years...so imagine how big that number is now)

I feel the same way as you, but, It's still a win for the state having them here even though they don't help UConn. Look at all the companies that have left the state in recent years. Play hardball with them and the next day they say hello Mass, NY or RI.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I feel the same way as you, but, It's still a win for the state having them here even though they don't help UConn. Look at all the companies that have left the state in recent years. Play hardball with them and the next day they say hello Mass, NY or RI.
Yeah, they unfortunately have they probably leverage in any discussions because they have been building out studios in both NYC and LA.

Reaction Score

Yes they know how important UConn is in marketing. It’s part of getting people to watch. It’s what they do to UConn when people are watching that sucks.

Reaction Score
They have a long history of featuring Jonathan. Carrying the trophies gets me every time. And Charlie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom