ESPN article on Mora and UConn | The Boneyard

ESPN article on Mora and UConn

Reaction Score

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
He's really not over his ex, huh

Maybe they can make that our first Conference game when we join the B1G in 10 years. Let Mora not only celebrate elevating UConn into the B1G, but give him the chance to embarrass his old program in front of a raucous 60,000 people at the newly expanded Rent on opening weekend of the season in a nationally televised Saturday night game to kick off the season!

.....ok, now back to reality (a boy can dream!):D

Reaction Score
The kind of article that wouldn’t have been written had we hired a young MAC coach.We hired a coach with a well known name and history; a positive persona who had essentially become irrelevant. It’s the stroke of good fortune that seemed to evade our program for years. The staff is outstanding. Charlton is a rising star. We’ve got some good players and no matter the coaching you can’t win with bad players. I like this team. I just bet the money line before boarding the flight to SLC. Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Lots of times writers know what they are going to write before they interview someone. It makes their job easier. This article had that feel. He probably had the UCLA stuff before they talked.

The only surprising thing in the piece is the part about the haunted house. And if he was a better writer, Thamel would have paid off the haunted house thing in the last paragraph to tie the piece together.

Reaction Score
The kind of article that wouldn’t have been written had we hired a young MAC coach.We hired a coach with a well known name and history; a positive persona who had essentially become irrelevant. It’s the stroke of good fortune that seemed to evade our program for years. The staff is outstanding. Charlton is a rising star. We’ve got some good players and no matter the coaching you can’t win with bad players. I like this team. I just bet the money line before boarding the flight to SLC. Go Huskies!!
Who cares about an article? If a young MAC coach came here and won that would be worth a hell of a lot more than some fluff piece.

Reaction Score
Also when we brought back Edsall with Lashlee as OC, as soon as the OC left I was wishing he got the HC spot off rip. I hope this doesn't happen again as Charlton looks and sounds like a guy going places.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A 3 acre lot with a home that's on a hill and a six minute walk from work? That shouldn't be too hard to figure out where it is, should it?

Reaction Score
Also when we brought back Edsall with Lashlee as OC, as soon as the OC left I was wishing he got the HC spot off rip. I hope this doesn't happen again as Charlton looks and sounds like a guy going places.

Charlton doesn’t have Lashlee or Mora’s pedigree yet. And unlike Lashlee and Edsall, Mora and Charlton don’t hate eachother.

Reaction Score
A 3 acre lot with a home that's on a hill and a six minute walk from work? That shouldn't be too hard to figure out where it is, should it?
I already tried. I'm thinking it must be on Separatist Road if it's truly a 6 minute walk. There are a few lots that Zillow lists as around 3 acres.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
I already tried. I'm thinking it must be on Separatist Road if it's truly a 6 minute walk. There are a few lots that Zillow lists as around 3 acres.

We may be limiting the search too much to the radius of a 6 minute walk for us or a normal human being.

We are talking about a 6 minute walk for the superhuman Jim Mora who was climbing mountains and training to climb Mt Everest as a spare time hobby during his coaching hiatus. His stamina is unlimited and his calf’s are likely bigger than any of our waists. A 6 minute walk for the immortal Jim Mora could be anywhere from Willimantic to Tolland! :)

Reaction Score
Thought I read he was in the former UConn President House?

Reaction Score
Charlton doesn’t have Lashlee or Mora’s pedigree yet. And unlike Lashlee and Edsall, Mora and Charlton don’t hate eachother.
At the time Lashlee was an OC who did not call plays at Auburn. When you're UConn you have to get in early on and up and comer. We've never done it unless you count Diaco who was just an odd character to say the least.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
And has anyone thought that maybe the house isn’t actually haunted, but maybe the infamous missing “Civil Conflict Trophy” is secretly hidden in the homes’ attic. We may need to remove it and have an official exorcism to finally rid the home and our program of the obvious witches spell that has been placed upon UConn Football?!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At the time Lashlee was an OC who did not call plays at Auburn. When you're UConn you have to get in early on and up and comer. We've never done it unless you count Diaco who was just an odd character to say the least.

Edsall 1.0

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

If it were Lane Kiffin, you'd have a strong case for being correct.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Neither the Gurleyville Road house nor Oak Hill are anywhere near the football facility.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Neither the Gurleyville Road house nor Oak Hill are anywhere near the football facility.
I knew I read it before… could have changed since then I guess:

1661541835142.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom