ESPN Annoits Us With A No. 1 | The Boneyard

ESPN Annoits Us With A No. 1

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Silly, but they have to do something 'til Saturday.

"At nearly the exact same time another No. 1 seed was going down, and Colorado and Duke played into overtime, the Huskies were simply taking care of business. There would be no home team letdown in Storrs. UConn didn't pull away until the third quarter, and the Huskies secured the win against a stubborn Baylor team to reach the Sweet 16 for a remarkable 29th straight time. Azzi Fudd scored 22 points, the most since her return at the start of the Big East tournament, and Aaliyah Edwards delivered an efficient 19 points. The Bears made 12 3-pointers, which could be a concern with Ohio State's Taylor Mikesell looming in the next round, but UConn shut down everything else Baylor tried to do, allowing just eight fourth-quarter points."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I read the article earlier today and my initial reaction was, “Duh?” In ESPN’s prior reseeding after the first round games, ESPN projected UConn to beat VA Tech, essentially acknowledging that the Huskies were the 4th best team in the tournament. Now, after both Stanford & IN lost at home, ESPN projects UConn as the 2nd overall seed.

Great analysis by the brain trust in Bristol…..:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I read the article earlier today and my initial reaction was, “Duh?” In ESPN’s prior reseeding after the first round games, ESPN projected UConn to beat VA Tech, essentially acknowledging that the Huskies were the 4th best team in the tournament. Now, after both Stanford & IN lost at home, ESPN projects UConn as the 2nd overall seed.

Great analysis by the brain trust in Bristol…..:rolleyes:
UConn was always the 2nd overall seed. The NET had it right, but the committee looked for every reason to pretend like it wasn't true. Stanford got the last #1 on dubious reasoning IMO.

Reaction Score
It is interesting to look at an article where they want to reseed teams after the start of the tournament. With the exception of South Carolina and possibly Virginia Tech, the other one seeds were up in the air and many people disagreed with Stanford and Indiana receiving those 1 seeds. How would this tournament have turned out so far had UCONN and Iowa been those 1 seeds, both won their tournament titles... the other two both lost if I am not mistaken in the semifinals of their conferences.... How would Stanford and Indiana have fared if they were the 2 seed? Would UCONN and Iowa have been as dominant again Mississippi and Miami? This to me is a day late and a dollar short.

But lets give credit where credit is due... Mississippi and Miami have played amazing basketball.

I hate to do it but I have to root for Maryland to beat Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
It is interesting to look at an article where they want to reseed teams after the start of the tournament. With the exception of South Carolina and possibly Virginia Tech, the other one seeds were up in the air and many people disagreed with Stanford and Indiana receiving those 1 seeds. How would this tournament have turned out so far had UCONN and Iowa been those 1 seeds, both won their tournament titles... the other two both lost if I am not mistaken in the semifinals of their conferences.... How would Stanford and Indiana have fared if they were the 2 seed? Would UCONN and Iowa have been as dominant again Mississippi and Miami? This to me is a day late and a dollar short.

But lets give credit where credit is due... Mississippi and Miami have played amazing basketball.

Turtles have always been a problem for little green people!

Reaction Score

I'd love to get another shot at Maryland

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

"At nearly the exact same time another No. 1 seed was going down, and Colorado and Duke played into overtime, the Huskies were simply taking care of business. There would be no home team letdown in Storrs. UConn didn't pull away until the third quarter, and the Huskies secured the win against a stubborn Baylor team to reach the Sweet 16 for a remarkable 29th straight time. Azzi Fudd scored 22 points, the most since her return at the start of the Big East tournament, and Aaliyah Edwards delivered an efficient 19 points. The Bears made 12 3-pointers, which could be a concern with Ohio State's Taylor Mikesell looming in the next round, but UConn shut down everything else Baylor tried to do, allowing just eight fourth-quarter points."
Too late. I'm not impressed. They should have had UConn as 1 seed, to begin with. You only get one chance to make a first impression. They blew it. Don't try to make nice now. :mad: Go away.

Reaction Score

And I believe they can do it again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom